How should I do to amplify the signal of my PC sound card?

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

How should I do to amplify the signal of my PC sound card?

Postby sponee » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:04 am

Hi everybody,
I am trying to build a high power/current function generator. And I’m using a program called TTG as a function generator using my PC sound card, then I am trying to amplify the signal.

I am using an LM324N found in Kynix, I was successful to amplify the voltage from ~0.01V (my sound card output) to about 1.1VAC (testing sine wave for now), however when I measure short circuit current of the output it’s a mere 40ma.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or do op-amps really give little current? And how should I go about amplifying the signal enough so it can drive... let's say a little ac motor.

Thanks in advance!
sponee

Re: How should I do to amplify the signal of my PC sound car

Postby madtheory » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Wrong IC, wrong tool entirely. The LM324 is for audio and logic level signals- check out the data sheet. You're looking for VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) technology. So Google that, and check the data sheets.

PS you're probably in the wrong forum as well?
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Pro Tools, Komplete, MIDIQuest, Novation KSR, Casio FZ1+SK5, Korg Legacy, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pads1+2, SPD11, OB Cyclone.
Band: Minim

Re: How should I do to amplify the signal of my PC sound car

Postby Tooom » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:25 am

I know a website of components,you can find many datasheets of the part, hope it can help you

http://de.findic.com/?lnk=lt
http://ru.findic.com/?lnk=lt
Tooom

Return to Sound Production