Roland JX8P w/M16C plus case for a Korg Arp Odyssey

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.
Electroluver
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: MS-20, M-500, Polysix, PAiA 4700, ROL309, C64 MSSIAH, JX8P, K2000J, SY-1010.
Band: DJ NAMELESS

Roland JX8P w/M16C plus case for a Korg Arp Odyssey

Post by Electroluver » Mon May 20, 2019 6:55 am

The JX8P is in great shape. She sounds lovely and the strings and analog digital type sounds are amazing. It comes with a flight case in decent shape (very sturdy) This Roland JX8P synthesizer is made for the German market, 220V and requires a step down converter, which would be included. Finally, it has a Roland M16C cartridge in excellent condition with patched made by an industrial German synthrock band in the 80s.

The other person has a Korg Arp Odyssey in great shape, with power supply cables. It sounds pretty sweet.
Would you make the trade?

Roland JX8P
Korg Arp Odyssey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr9Qz0BbO3Q

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: Roland JX8P w/M16C plus case for a Korg Arp Odyssey

Post by meatballfulton » Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Whether I would or not makes no difference because I am not you and probably don't have the same needs.

Comparing a polysynth with patch memory and MIDI to a monosynth with no memory and weak MIDI support (no velocity, AT, CCs, etc.) is apples and oranges. Think about how much you are using the JX8P today and what sounds you cannot possibly recreate with your other gear before you let it go.

Is this the full size Odyssey or the mini version? The current value of a JX8P vs. the current value of a mini Oddy are about the same. A full size Oddy is easily worth 2x as much.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

iowagold
Gear: 4) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, 4) roland integra7, roland xv5050 2 emu proteus 2000, 2 Yamaha 4 studio rooms.

Re: Roland JX8P w/M16C plus case for a Korg Arp Odyssey

Post by iowagold » Mon May 27, 2019 10:04 pm

I just went the route of 4 integra 7 units...
stereo effects... for me it works better and has more memory!!
I can go total retro or layer for new sounds!!
and I can use the ipad to edit fast!!
Electroluver wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:55 am
The JX8P is in great shape. She sounds lovely and the strings and analog digital type sounds are amazing. It comes with a flight case in decent shape (very sturdy) This Roland JX8P synthesizer is made for the German market, 220V and requires a step down converter, which would be included. Finally, it has a Roland M16C cartridge in excellent condition with patched made by an industrial German synthrock band in the 80s.

The other person has a Korg Arp Odyssey in great shape, with power supply cables. It sounds pretty sweet.
Would you make the trade?

Roland JX8P
Korg Arp Odyssey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr9Qz0BbO3Q
Paul in Iowa