Roland MC-303 vs Korg Electribe ?

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.
stephen
Gear: Laptop
House Brick
Renoise
Loomer Aspect
FM8

Re: Roland MC-303 vs Korg Electribe ?

Post by stephen » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:10 pm

The EM has 50 synth waveforms to pick from. You can tweak them with the filter and effects. There's 144 separate drum sounds too. EM plus microkorg would be a reasonable combination.

And +1 for the ghostradio videos.
Stephen(2)

stephen
Gear: Laptop
House Brick
Renoise
Loomer Aspect
FM8

Post by stephen » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:13 pm

Oh yeah.... EM1 (and I guess all the older electribes) is a really fun grab-and-go groovebox to mess around with for ideas. I keep mine handy to use whenever I feel like just sitting and chilling out.
Stephen(2)

Syn303
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Quite a bit...
Band: Syn303

Post by Syn303 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:51 pm

nuketifromorbit wrote:This is actually incorrect. The ea-1 is basically a stripped down microkorg/ms2000 va engine while the er-1 is a virtual analog drum synth with sample's for hihat, clap, etc.
Actually this is incorrect too, the EA-1 and ER-1 were developed from the Korg Z1's analogue tone modelling generators. Both these units appeared before the microKORg and MS2000.
nukeitfromorbit wrote:I've owned all the electribes so I should know.
seems you don't know, whether you have owned all the electribe series or not!
| syn303.bandcamp.com | soundcloud.com/syn303 |

**edo**

Post by **edo** » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:26 pm

thanks everyone i appreciate the information!

nuketifromorbit
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by nuketifromorbit » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:08 am

Syn303 wrote:
nuketifromorbit wrote:This is actually incorrect. The ea-1 is basically a stripped down microkorg/ms2000 va engine while the er-1 is a virtual analog drum synth with sample's for hihat, clap, etc.
Actually this is incorrect too, the EA-1 and ER-1 were developed from the Korg Z1's analogue tone modelling generators. Both these units appeared before the microKORg and MS2000.
nukeitfromorbit wrote:I've owned all the electribes so I should know.
seems you don't know, whether you have owned all the electribe series or not!
I was just trying to say that I have actual experience with each one, excluding the emx. I try to never give advice on stuff I have no first hand experience with. I should have been clearer and I admittedly worded it in a way which sounds a bit smug, this was unintentional. I'm sorry that your shocked and appalled by a minor technicality. Jesus Christ they're both digital emulations of analog synthesis, but I am correct in stating the EM1's oscillators are samples, not any kind of digital emulation. In regards to the faulting knobs, one can look up "knob jitters" over at the korg forums or the unofficial electribe forums. Thank you for correcting me. Anyway the electribe gets my vote regardless of whether you choose the EA or EM, although I prefer the previous.
Last edited by nuketifromorbit on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
We'll always be remembered, we'll always be dismembered.

FX23

Post by FX23 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Youd have more fun chucking a few hundred quid down the gutter in the rain than a mc303

FX23

Post by FX23 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:40 pm

Youd have more fun chucking a few hundred quid down the gutter in the rain than a mc303