Korg Mono/Poly vs SCI Pro One

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.
phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

Re: Korg Mono/Poly vs SCI Pro One

Post by phesago » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:40 pm

Yeah that mod section on the pro one is something else. It is a totally different synth, though it has the same generic structure/sound.

Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Post by Walter Ego » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:47 pm

My two cents (it really is only two cents, since I don't own either of them):

My sales pitch for the Pro One is simple: Yazoo - Upstairs at Eric's. Vince Clarke has stated in interviews that almost all the sounds on that record are from the Pro One. And I friggin love that record. It's still spun at clubs around the world. Also, for anyone who's heard of him, Jon Sonnenberg of House of Wires/Pivot Clowj/Travelogue has said that the Pro One is one of his favorite monosynths (because of the incredible modulation capabilities), second only to the Yamaha CS-20M.

How does the Mono/Poly stack up against it in the pop world? I don't know. I wouldn't mind one, but it seems slightly esoteric compared to the presence of the Pro One.

As has been said so many times on this forum, it really depends on what you're looking for and what kind of mojo you can work with it.

Helpful? I don't know...
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

minime123
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by minime123 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:12 pm

id go with the pro-one cause the overall sound is better, plus it has the sequencer (which, although limited, is really cool). and... well, its all over yaz's upstairs at erics and is still one of vince clarkes favorite synths, which says a lot.
mini
VINTAGE SYNTH DEALER
- We Buy Sell Trade Repair Vintage Synths
- We Buy Broken Gear & Parts Too...
- Huge Selection, Dependable Service
- https://tonetweakers.com