KS Rack vs MicroQ

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.
NovationLover
Gear: Novation KS Rack, Yamaha RM1x, Behringer UBB1002, Cubase 4.
Band: Dj Uber

KS Rack vs MicroQ

Post by NovationLover » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:58 am

Hi guys!
I want to add a MicroQ to my little studio. I produce mainly trance and commercial dance. Do you think i will expand my sound palette with a mQ? Does it sound sounds different from the KS that i own? If yes, in which ways?

Thanks in advance, Giacomo. :)
TECHNO-TRANCE-GOA FROM ITALY

- Novation KS Rack
- Yamaha RM1x
- Berry UBB1002
- Cubase 4
:D
My Soundcloud

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Re: KS Rack vs MicroQ

Post by balma » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:03 am

It depends on how much you are willing to pay for it. The Q has a great sound, one of the best sounding VAs ever released IMO. 3 oscillators and lots of synthesis options to obtain weird effects, pads, basses. And it sounds "warm" if I'm allowed to describe its sound with that word. Also you can process external sounds with the line inputs.

But I truly hate the interface. If you are new into Virtual Analog synthesis, you'll have to invest a lot of time to get into it. The engine is deep and the sound amazing. But even those high quality rotary knobs are not enough to get the best of it. I would love to have the big Q keyboard , but, they are so f**k expensive.

I got it from an italian DJ who was into trance, je je. He paid 100 euros for it on UK. He was starting into production, and found it too deep to program and a pain in the a*s to operate it, and sold it to me in $200.
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma