TR-8 vs. DrumStation

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.
Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

TR-8 vs. DrumStation

Post by Walter Ego » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:02 am

Well...any opinions?
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Re: TR-8 vs. DrumStation

Post by Z » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:14 am

DrumStation gives you access to EVERY TR-808 & 909 sound simultaneously: both kicks, both snares, etc. With the TR-8, you can only choose one of each type of sound at a time, but you can mix and match: 909 kick, 808 snare, etc.

DrumStation has stereo out and 6 individual outs for further outboard processing. TR-8 has stereo out and 2 IOs. TR-8 has built-in reverb and delay.

DrumStation requires external sequencer, TR-8 has pattern sequencer with 16 patterns.

DrumStattion also has DIN sync out for 303, 606, etc.

Both sound great.
youtube.com/zibbybone facebook.com/ZsFlippinGear

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:30 am

That was a great round up of the differences and similarities Z.

Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Post by Walter Ego » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:55 am

Z wrote:DrumStation gives you access to EVERY TR-808 & 909 sound simultaneously: both kicks, both snares, etc. With the TR-8, you can only choose one of each type of sound at a time, but you can mix and match: 909 kick, 808 snare, etc.

DrumStation has stereo out and 6 individual outs for further outboard processing. TR-8 has stereo out and 2 IOs. TR-8 has built-in reverb and delay.

DrumStation requires external sequencer, TR-8 has pattern sequencer with 16 patterns.

DrumStattion also has DIN sync out for 303, 606, etc.
I was hoping you might chime in, as you have a DrumStation listed for sale--thank you for shedding some light. I like the individual outs available. I have a number of devices that can sequence, and effects for reverb. I'm liking the DrumStation more the more I hear about it.
Z wrote:Both sound great.
Any differences in the snares? And how much do they behave like the original?
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)