Memorymoog VS Memorymoog

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.
Firechild
Gear: CS-80,PPG Wave 2.2,Prophet 600,SEM Pro ,Microwave1,Prophet VS,Chroma,CODE 8,Voyager RME, Jupiter 4,Prophet 5 Rev2, Jupiter 8,OB-Xa ,OB-X
Band: Firechild

Memorymoog VS Memorymoog

Post by Firechild » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:40 am

Here is a multitrack with only Memorymoog sounds.

It is an original with Kenton.
I am interested in opinions vs Plus vs LAMM , where Plus is said to be more sluggish than the Original and the LAMM too stable, losing some of the magic vibe and oscillator drifting.

gcoudert
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Roland Fantom X7 with Ultimate Keys expansion, Yamaha TX802, Roland JP-8080, Tascam DP-24SD.

Re: Memorymoog VS Memorymoog

Post by gcoudert » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:08 am

I can't answer the question but I really liked the track and have just subscribed to your YouTube channel! Great stuff!
GC

Firechild
Gear: CS-80,PPG Wave 2.2,Prophet 600,SEM Pro ,Microwave1,Prophet VS,Chroma,CODE 8,Voyager RME, Jupiter 4,Prophet 5 Rev2, Jupiter 8,OB-Xa ,OB-X
Band: Firechild

Post by Firechild » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:21 pm

Thanks !

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:32 pm

Disclaimer: I have never had my hands on a MemoryMoog in the flesh.

As far as the LAMM, the MemoryMoog is notorious for reliability issues and bugs, which the LAMM mods addressed.

I just don't buy the argument that instability of synths has a musical value. I know a lot of people think that stable, reliable analog loses it's "magic" but I need an instrument to work properly every time I turn it on.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

SquareWave
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Korg Kronos X, Access Virus Ti2, Moog Sub37, Arturia Matrixbrute, DSI Tempest, Akai MPC, Hypersynth Xenophone, Roland D550

Post by SquareWave » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:58 am

I've actually put my greasy dorito-stained digits on several back in the day when they were actually for sale in the shops! I would have sold my mother for one if I thought I could get a good price for her...

:blink:

LAMM, yes, the best way to go!
"As welcome as a shite in yer spacesuit." - Crow, 2007

synthparts

Post by synthparts » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:00 am

My friend has LAMM and it does NOT have all the DIP cables and sockets replaced. It was done by Big Briar when they were doing them in the 90s and not by Rudi so maybe it's different. Also while the MIDI timing is better than my Plus it was stil locking up sending it a fast arpeggio from my JP-6...
Vintage Synth Parts - http://www.synthparts.com