(A mile away!) - P6 vs Elka Synthex

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.

(A mile away!) - P6 vs Elka Synthex

Postby Grumblepig » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:48 pm

I suppose this one is pretty obvious, and I'm surprised if I'm the first one to post such, but... Prophet 6 vs the forthcoming Elka Synthex. We're assuming that both synths will sound the way we dream they will, so with that as a given...

I had a Prophet 5, a rev2, and have missed it for years, vowing someday etc. So, the P6 comes along and life makes sense! On the other hand, I've never played or even seen the Elka, videos aside, but it has a powerful pull. Great sound, lovely look and nothing but love from those who've owned/played.

I'm hoping that any of you who've had experience with both the P5 and the original Synthex might share feelings about each/either synth. I really didn't expect to be pulled away from my P6 certainty! I'm not in the position to pick up one of each. Not this month anyway!

Thanks!
Grumblepig

Gear: Prophet 6, Korg MS-10/MS-20m, Doepfer DE, SC Pro-One, CZ-1000, Wurli 200, Roland R8/CR5000/TR-707, Boss DR110, Micromoog, Juno 6, X-Station
Band: Three Minute Tease

Re: (A mile away!) - P6 vs Elka Synthex

Postby Stab Frenzy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:15 am

Grumblepig wrote:I suppose this one is pretty obvious, and I'm surprised if I'm the first one to post such, but... Prophet 6 vs the forthcoming Elka Synthex. We're assuming that both synths will sound the way we dream they will, so with that as a given...

This is why nobody has posted about it, because you're just having a guess at what they'll be like. How do you compare what only exists in your imagination?
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Postby monolith » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:16 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:
Grumblepig wrote:I suppose this one is pretty obvious, and I'm surprised if I'm the first one to post such, but... Prophet 6 vs the forthcoming Elka Synthex. We're assuming that both synths will sound the way we dream they will, so with that as a given...

This is why nobody has posted about it, because you're just having a guess at what they'll be like. How do you compare what only exists in your imagination?

www.telepathicsynthexplorer.com/forum/synthshootouts
monolith
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Grumblepig » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:42 pm

I appreciate your replies, and I knew it was silly to ask people to speculate, but does it help if I ask instead P5 vs orig Synthex? Assuming the P6 and the forthcoming Elka are very close to their predecessors in sound, I'm trying to get broadstroke impressions of the sound of the one synth compared to the other. Both original synths are much loved, but I only have experience with one of them. Maybe I'm dragging a dead horse to water with this post, but if anyone has a spare minute and the desire to play along, I'm still curious in the apple or orange wonder world!
Grumblepig

Gear: Prophet 6, Korg MS-10/MS-20m, Doepfer DE, SC Pro-One, CZ-1000, Wurli 200, Roland R8/CR5000/TR-707, Boss DR110, Micromoog, Juno 6, X-Station
Band: Three Minute Tease

Return to Synth Shootouts