Roland Jx8p vs Elka ek-22

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.

Roland Jx8p vs Elka ek-22

Postby Suprastin » Sat May 30, 2015 11:50 am

Hello, guys!
Please, help me to clarify what synth is better for lush and deep pad sound - Roland Jx8p or Elka ek-22, if you had any experience with them or even if you heard something about.
I will glad to hear any suggestions
Suprastin

Re: Roland Jx8p vs Elka ek-22

Postby Walter Ego » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:15 am

I haven't had a 3P but I briefly owned an EK-22. Dark 80s sound for good horror strings and whatnot. A bit thin. I thought it was redundant since I have a Poly-800. And it's built like c**p. Very flexible (digital) mod matrix. A lot of people like their JX3P's though. Just from demos, I think the Roland is a superior machine. I wouldn't necessarily say the EK is lush. Dark perhaps, but not lush.
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)
Walter Ego

Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Re: Roland Jx8p vs Elka ek-22

Postby zaphod betamax » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:35 pm

My pet peave against my JX-8P is that the audio is quite low compared to my JX-3Ps and Waldord Blofelds.
It will be sold for its crime of low ouput, just like a DW-6000, low compared to my benchmark synths.
zaphod betamax

Return to Synth Shootouts