Korg Triton Taktile Question

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

Korg Triton Taktile Question

Postby GP830 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:59 am

Hey Everyone-- occasional reader, first time poster.

My primary interest in a synth is for finding something the create reasonably realistic pianos, organs, strings, woodwinds, brass, and percussion sounds. I've long heard that the Triton is sort of the gold standard with regards to these types of boards (samplers? romplers? I dunno), but they are obviously somewhat pricey. For the last few years, I've used a Yamaha MX49 for this purpose, and have been pretty happy. However, I recently became aware of the Triton Taktile boards that are not only midi controllers but also have over 500 of the Triton's sounds built into it.

Am I correct in assuming that the Taktile would represent an upgrade with regards to the realism and sound quality of my acoustic instrument samples (to be used in home recording and live usage) because of the fact that they are the same sounds that have come in the vaunted Triton boards? Or am I missing something, and am wishful thinking on this?

If not- is there another board that you kind people are aware of that is EVEN BETTER for creating realistic instrument sounds that I may not even know about but is also in the same lower echelon of price points?

Thank you!
GP830

Re: Korg Triton Taktile Question

Postby Ashe37 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:55 pm

The Taktile really has no provisions for editing those sounds.

They also have a much smaller ROM bank than the MX49.

For some things the Korg (Triton/M3/M50/Kross) engine is going to sound better, for others the Yamaha will. Just depends on the samples and the voice design. If you want the Triton sound with some editability, try the Kross or Krome.
Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Return to Buyer's Guide