Looking for a starter synth

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

Looking for a starter synth

Postby aquafresh » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:57 pm

Hey

I've decided to buy a synth since I decided to take a serious crack at making music, I've been browsing the forums a bit and been checking my local craigslist and other sites looking for synths. What I'm looking for is just a great, well rounded, reliable synth that has a decent range of sounds, a full sized keyboard, within the $1000 price range. I know absolutely nothing about synths and I'm pretty overwhelmed by it all, so I just need something as an introduction to synthesizers. As of now I've been looking at two local synths, the DX7IID and the Juno-108, I'm definitely leaning towards the Yamaha since the Roland isn't really diverse in sound, I just find it appealing. I'm looking for some advice on those two synths and suggestions on other synths that would fit what I'm after, and even some other add on's I could look at to start building a basic setup.

All help is really appreciated!
aquafresh

Re: Looking for a starter synth

Postby Ashe37 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:16 pm

If it wasn't for the full size keyboard part, I'd say a Behringer Deep Mind 6 and a Yamaha TX 7 module.
Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Re: Looking for a starter synth

Postby Virgule » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:08 pm

Korg KingKorg
Virgule

Return to Buyer's Guide