What's a good price for a Sequential Circuits Drumtraks?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
NCChao1268
Gear: Kurzweil K2000 fully upgraded
Roland Juno 106
Roland JX-8P
Korg DW 8000
Polysix
Alesis SR-16
Yamaha DX7

What's a good price for a Sequential Circuits Drumtraks?

Post by NCChao1268 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:11 am

Hello, I recently found some interest in the Sequential Circuits Drumtraks and was wondering what would be a reasonable price for one as of now? Are these drum machines worth owning? How do they compare to other drum machines such as the Linndrum, DMX, etc?

Thanks

Music Bird
Gear: Casio/Yamaha and an iPad.

Re: What's a good price for a Sequential Circuits Drumtraks?

Post by Music Bird » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:27 pm

The Drumtraks is a good drum machine for some kinds of music, I believe the songs Madu & Racun and Singkong & Keju use one or an RX11 for the drums (along with DX7, piano, bass guitar, and guitar). The Drumtraks happened to be popular with E and SE Asian and Eastern European productions in the mid 80’s. So if you want to cover stuff like the above 2 songs or some Eastern European (or even other stuff like CC Catch or Brother Louie, it was used a lot in Italo disco in the mid 80’s) pop song, you could use it. The main price I see for them is around $350-400. There’s 2 on eBay, one for $375and one for $790. I think you’ll like it seeing your music you’ve done.
Korg, Casio, Alesis, and Yamaha (Minilogue, WK-7600, SK-1, CT-X3000, SR-16, MX49)
FL Studio 12, VSTs, MIDI keyboard
Non synths include string, woodwind, percussion, and toys for SFX.

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Post by Z » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:00 pm

The DrumTraks actually has sounds similar to both LinnDrum and DMX as I demonstrate in this video
[youtube][/youtube]
No idea what current market rate is. I know LinnDrum machines are fetching around $2k and DMX around $1k-$1500 these days. I recently sold a DX with MIDI for $800.
youtube.com/zibbybone facebook.com/ZsFlippinGear

NCChao1268
Gear: Kurzweil K2000 fully upgraded
Roland Juno 106
Roland JX-8P
Korg DW 8000
Polysix
Alesis SR-16
Yamaha DX7

Post by NCChao1268 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:07 pm

It's a cool vintage drum machine which has your 80's sample drum sounds, checking around I think I wouldn't pay over $500-600 for one in good condition. But at the rate of increasing prices for vintage gear that might not be the most realistic. It has some cool features like tuning every drum but doesn't have as many sounds as the Linndrum of DMX. But sounds great for many types of music such as 80's, synthwave, Italo disco, etc.

Thanks for the input