Sequencer to replace bassist

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
drawtippy
Band: Draw Tippy

Post by drawtippy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:35 pm

shaft9000 wrote:Just learn to play bass.

It will take about a week for any reasonably intelligent/musical person to come to grips with.
It's 4 strings and a fretboard, with a narrow range of variables. Think about it...

I say this because keyboards are thoroughly terrible at emulating them - playing one is an entirely different feeling and process, and will change the vibe of your piece so much it's not worth 'substituting' for.
...and sampling real bass constricts your composition options so i wouldn't wish that one anyone except the strictly "loopy".
Sorry shaft, I'm rolling my eyes! It only takes a week to learn bass? I've played guitar for 20 years and I'm still not great on bass. I have a nice p-bass in my studio and I use my Voyager or Software 98% of the time.
Visit http://www.arttestmusic.com

Voyager, JP-6, Pro-One, 800DV, CZ-101, VL-1, Micron, Solina, OB-Xa, JX-8P, Sid Station, xoxbox

tim gueguen

Post by tim gueguen » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:59 am

Well, I suppose you could train someone to play bass that quickly if all you're interested in is them playing root fifth on the 2 and 4.
Keys: Realistic Concertmate 500, Korg K25, Korg Micro X

Guits: '86 Fender Japan '50s Reissue Strat, '80 Aria Pro II TS-300 Thor Sound