Coron DS 7 mini synth

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

Coron DS 7 mini synth

Postby RedSky » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:03 am

What is the going rate for one if these? They're great, but I have a JHS SD 1 (much like a synare) which is similar in sound (they're both FM synths) and I need some cash. It's the kind of thing that you'd maybe have found at a garage sale for cheap in the days before ebay! Has anyone else got one?
RedSky
No Longer Registered

Postby 3vcos » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:49 am

I just got a ds2 today and I think its great. Ya, before ebay they were probably $20 or so. Today.... I'm not sure. I really do like the sound though.
3vcos

Postby RedSky » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:42 pm

Does the DS2 feature white and pink noise switches or is that just the DS8? I had one but sold it and have regretted that ever since. It is a great warped, mangled little noise box isn't it?- looks great too.
RedSky
No Longer Registered

Postby discointellect » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:52 pm

If you know which way round to hold a soldering iron you can buy a cloned PCB. They're very simple to put together - I've done two DS7s and two DS8s which I trigger from my Regelwerk for a rather cool percussion set up.
discointellect

Gear: Doepfer A100 / MFB / Analogue Solutions Modular, Sequentix P3, Waldorf uQ KB, Cheetah MS6
Band: Diverse Audio Laboratory

Return to Buyer's Guide