Alesis Fusion or Juno G?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
KryonikMessiah

Alesis Fusion or Juno G?

Post by KryonikMessiah » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:17 pm

I'm trying to debate between the two. My current setup is a MicroKorg and a Roland SH-2 and a whole lot of softsynths, including things such as a Virus Indigo and all of Arturia's Moogs and the Korg Legacy Collection. I'm using Battery as well. However, i'm going to be able to spend around a thousand or so soon, and looked at these two. Which would serve me better? I do primarily electro-industrial esque things (think Suicide Commando or V.A.C.).

I prefer analogs, by far, and like to be able to control things in real time primarily.

Also, long time lurker, first time poster. I come here whenever I need help choosing, but this is the first time i've had to post the question. Thanks people.

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt
Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom
NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080
MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex
Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:23 pm

Hi Kryonik, welcome to the forum. Based on your current set up and music, seems like the Fusion engine and features would suit you better. It has more synth engines rather than a straight rompler.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Summa

Post by Summa » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Well, the Juno G/Fantom X Series have some synthesis abilities that goes beyond pure Rompler and typical VA stuff, like Ringmod/Booster (Waveshaping) Structures. Postfilterringmod and Waveshaping can be a pretty mighty tool when used properly...