what should i offer?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
Post Reply
User avatar
rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 2607
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:00 pm
Real name: bill
Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo
Location: kentucky hills

what should i offer?

Post by rhino » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:52 am

found a yamaha cs-80. cosmeticly fine, no sound. owner "SAYS" he has no idea what is's worth. give me a good starting figure.


thanks


biull :roll:
When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger.
- Confucius

User avatar
Stab Frenzy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9723
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:41 pm
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX
Location: monster island*
Contact:

Re: what should i offer?

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:00 am

If it doesn't make any sound then it could be completely worthless. Depends on if you can fix it.

User avatar
wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:03 pm
Gear: it's all being sold to fund new gear
Location: Chicago

Re: what should i offer?

Post by wiss » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:01 am

$50
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."

User avatar
Pilot352
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 9:39 pm
Location: Darien, Il.

Re: what should i offer?

Post by Pilot352 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:22 am

rhino wrote:found a yamaha cs-80. cosmeticly fine, no sound. owner "SAYS" he has no idea what is's worth. give me a good starting figure.


thanks


biull :roll:

If you're in the Chicago area and saw that add on CL, I would be cautious about it. I saw the same ad ( or similar one ) yesterday and it was pulled. If you aren't in the Chicago area I would find it hard to believe that two listings at the same time in different areas almost exactly the same could happen. I would also be very cautious.

-Pilot
Analog: Mono/Poly, Prophet '08, Juno 106
Digital: Kurzweil SP88, Yamaha DX11, Kawai K4, MS2K, AN1x
Modules: Triton (loaded), Motif ES, MS2KR, E-Mu Proteus 2K, TR626 DM, Roland U220
New Addition: Fender Rhodes 73 Mark I
So much gear... So little time!!!

User avatar
wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:03 pm
Gear: it's all being sold to fund new gear
Location: Chicago

Re: what should i offer?

Post by wiss » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 am

Pilot352 wrote:
rhino wrote:found a yamaha cs-80. cosmeticly fine, no sound. owner "SAYS" he has no idea what is's worth. give me a good starting figure.


thanks


biull :roll:

If you're in the Chicago area and saw that add on CL, I would be cautious about it. I saw the same ad ( or similar one ) yesterday and it was pulled. If you aren't in the Chicago area I would find it hard to believe that two listings at the same time in different areas almost exactly the same could happen. I would also be very cautious.

-Pilot
could have been flagged, a lot sucky people like to flag craigslist adds.
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."

User avatar
rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 2607
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:00 pm
Real name: bill
Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo
Location: kentucky hills

Re: what should i offer?

Post by rhino » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:46 pm

this is not the forum for craigslist dummies, but i am one. could you explain the concept of 'flagging"? this was about 200 miles from chicago.

thanks


bill
When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger.
- Confucius

User avatar
Yoozer
Expert Member
Expert Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:31 pm

Re: what should i offer?

Post by Yoozer » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:00 pm

"Part of an instrument is what it can do, and part of it is what you do to it" - Suzanne Ciani, 197x.

User avatar
rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 2607
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:00 pm
Real name: bill
Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo
Location: kentucky hills

Re: what should i offer?

Post by rhino » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:31 pm

thanks gang.
called sell and he said "sold it yesterday"....should have called when i first saw the post. guess i'm NOT A LUCKY AS SOME ON HERE!!!! (lol)

bill #-o
When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger.
- Confucius

User avatar
Sir Ruff
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 3518
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 11:55 pm
Gear: Two persimmon modulators and a frequency adjudicator.
Band: Ruff in the jungle
Location: Washington, DC

Re: what should i offer?

Post by Sir Ruff » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:54 pm

rhino wrote:thanks gang.
called sell and he said "sold it yesterday"....should have called when i first saw the post. guess i'm NOT A LUCKY AS SOME ON HERE!!!! (lol)

bill #-o
or maybe think of it as a blessing. Unless you really know what you're doing, a non-working CS80 could have just been an expensive ticket to a hernia and backache! :shock:
Do you even post on vse bro?

Post Reply