Affordable Taurus substitute?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
Sir Ruff
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Two persimmon modulators and a frequency adjudicator.
Band: Ruff in the jungle

Re: Affordable Taurus substitute?

Post by Sir Ruff » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:55 pm

Sorry, this is totally OT, but this thread reminded me of a bizarre dream I had the other night... I was at a flea market, and I stumbled across a "Moog" emblazoned back plate... Thought "this is cool", then started rummaging through the bits of electronic equipment that were there, and realized it was part of a Taurus setup... in pieces, but apparently working... hmmm..

Anyways, considering I've never touched or used a Taurus, I thought this was funny... or just weird.
Do you even post on vse bro?

Taurusmoo

Re: Affordable Taurus substitute?

Post by Taurusmoo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:13 am

Sir Ruff wrote:Sorry, this is totally OT, but this thread reminded me of a bizarre dream I had the other night... I was at a flea market, and I stumbled across a "Moog" emblazoned back plate... Thought "this is cool", then started rummaging through the bits of electronic equipment that were there, and realized it was part of a Taurus setup... in pieces, but apparently working... hmmm..

Anyways, considering I've never touched or used a Taurus, I thought this was funny... or just weird.
Hehe, considering the awesomeness of the original Taurus I'm not surprised, it weaves it's spells around us all :D

Anyway, I picked up the Novation Basstation yesterday. It was a racked version which was even better, not only for the added functionality. I had 1 unit open in my bass amplifier rack, and it fits like a glove.

Soundwise I'm totally happy. I spent a couple of hours in my rehearsal studio yesterday trying it out hooked up to an oversized PA rig, and that little beast kicks a nasty bottom punch. I left the studio with bass-induced heart arythmia, and couldn't be happier :lol: