Which sampler/rompler?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
DJ Axon

Which sampler/rompler?

Post by DJ Axon » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:34 am

I've been looking at getting a sampler/rompler to use for all my sampling duties (minimal) and realistic instrument sounds, particularly orchestral (strings/pianos) Basic sampling functionality would be adequate - i don't need a state of the art sampler (i currently don't even own one!)

I want something as simple as possible to operate and really good-sounding. It would be great if it had an internal HD and also easy means of loading samples (would prefer not to have an external SCSI CD drive)

The ones i'm considering are E-mu EIV and Kurz K2000RS with the orchestral ROM and sampling option. Possibly the keyboard versions - depends what comes up for sale.

Can anyone advise which might be more suitable, or any other models in the £300-£400 range?

cheers

Dan

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt
Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom
NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080
MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex
Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:28 pm

DJ Axon wrote:I want something as simple as possible to operate and really good-sounding..also easy means of loading samples (would prefer not to have an external SCSI CD drive)
with a great library the EIV could be a great choice. but for the budget and simplicity requirement, a JV/XV module with a dedicated string/orchestral expansion board could be the simpler solution with non volatile samples on board.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: Which sampler/rompler?

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:50 pm

DJ Axon wrote:an anyone advise which might be more suitable, or any other models in the £300-£400 range?
Any reason you're not looking at used Motif, Fantom or Triton options?
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.