FIZMO and BLOFELD

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
japan

FIZMO and BLOFELD

Post by japan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:23 am

Hi: I want to ask you if these machines are kinds of the same thing, because I'm deciding between these synths, but apparently the Blofeld offers more for the money.

do these synth offer the same kind of synthesis?
"the simple life is no longer there..."

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Re: FIZMO and BLOFELD

Post by tallowwaters » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 am

japan wrote:Hi: I want to ask you if these machines are kinds of the same thing, because I'm deciding between these synths, but apparently the Blofeld offers more for the money.

do these synth offer the same kind of synthesis?
Apparently? The fizmo is deep as h**l, with the sounddiver editor. The blofeld is much easier to find and less likely to die of processor failure...

Personally, I would rather have an XT.
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.

japan

Post by japan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:11 am

I knew that with a little fix in some voltage device the synth prcessor wouldn't burn...I found the FIZMO already, so, i'm thinking about what synth could be the more recommendable for the moment...I'd like to have both...but, it isn't possible for the moment.

:x
"the simple life is no longer there..."

carbon111
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Carbon111

Post by carbon111 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:58 am

Personally I'd rather have a Microwave XT as well...and that's coming from someone who has an XT and a Fizmo. :wink:

Scanning wavetable oscillators in an otherwise subtractive architecture is fun regardless. Choose which synth is the most fun for you. :D
Best Regards, James
--
My New album "Persephone":

Carbon111 Website: http://www.carbon111.com

Carbon111 Blog: http://carbon111.blogspot.com

XZit
Gear: Casiorap Man 2 :P, Access Virus TI, Korg MicroKorg, MacBook Pro (reason, ableton, cubase, etc. etc.), tablas

Post by XZit » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:44 am

fizmo for sure as long as it has regulator fix. If it has the regulator fix it will be stable for quite a long time.
Its a little less intuitive then the waldorf. But imo the fizmo is on a league of its own. So organic sounding, so weird.

If I had the money though and I wanted to go subtractive synthesis style I would def. get the waldorf q+ phoneix edition and sell my fizmo (which wouldn't really help towards covering the cost of the waldorf....lol!)

pz
Gear: Ensoniq Fizmo, Korg EMX, Korg Kaoss Pad 3, Yamaha mixer, Numark TTX turntables and Vestax Mixer, Access Virus TI 61 key, Korg MicroKorg, Casio Rap Man ;)
Coming soon:
Akai MPC500 or 1000, Firewire Mixer and Firewire interface

clubbedtodeath
No Longer Registered

Post by clubbedtodeath » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:14 am

This belongs in Buyer's Guide! Japan, you've been here two years - you should know this.

I've shifted the thread.