Good speaker for music production and film sound production

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
nop14

Good speaker for music production and film sound production

Post by nop14 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:13 am

Hello!! Anyone here using bluesky speaker for music production and film sound production? I heard so many people use it for film sound area but music. (Why? :? )

I did some sound effect for feature film and I would like to use it for my music as well. so I quite concern about a pair of speaker which can work proper for both area. What do you think about this speaker? Please let me know how you impress it or hate it.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Re: Good speaker for music production and film sound production

Post by Stab Frenzy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:45 am

I used a Bluesky 2.1 system a while ago in a studio I was recording a band in. The sound was very hifi sounding IIRC, I wasn't exactly sure if I trusted it. Maybe that's just cause I'm used to the fairly obnoxious high-mids of my MSP5As and so the Blueskys sounded a bit nice.

I imagine the reason they're used more for film than music production is cause using a sub is more common for film work and then it's used as an effect rather than to accurately continue the frequency response lower.

nop14

Post by nop14 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:00 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:I used a Bluesky 2.1 system a while ago in a studio I was recording a band in. The sound was very hifi sounding IIRC, I wasn't exactly sure if I trusted it. Maybe that's just cause I'm used to the fairly obnoxious high-mids of my MSP5As and so the Blueskys sounded a bit nice.

I imagine the reason they're used more for film than music production is cause using a sub is more common for film work and then it's used as an effect rather than to accurately continue the frequency response lower.

Hi Stab Frenzy, Which series you were using, Sky System One or Pro Desk?

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:17 pm

ProDesk.

spookyman
Gear: cheezy machines and some cheap analog stuff

Post by spookyman » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:31 am

For film sound productions, with special FX, and to controll very deep sounds, like explosions with frequencies that goes far below 100 Hz, it's surely not a bad idea to take a system with a subwoofer.

And BlueSky Systems are well known in the film sound production, with big 5.1 or 7.1 configurations. I tryed once a System One (but only in 2.1) for home use and i must say it's very impressive like it sounds. Precise, perhaps a little bit too "HiFi" sounding. But surely because of the huge bass response, i didn't took the time to calibrate all the system.
It is much easier to be a good equipment purchaser than to be a great musician.