EVOLVER

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
mao
Gear: Andromeda - Voyager RME - VSynth XT - MonoEvolverKeyboard - NordRack2X - EX-8000 - Waldorf Microwave - Machinedrum - Monomachine

EVOLVER

Post by mao » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi,

I found an evolver in good shape for a decent price. I tried it some years ago and I remember liking the sound and the step sequencer a lot.

I have an Alesis Andromeda and a Moog Voyager, I would like to know if this little evolver can give me a new analog taste against what I already own. The analog / digital mix makes a strange and interesting instrument and the "evolving" step sequencer is really funny.

Thanks in advance for your suggestion

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Re: EVOLVER

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:24 am

The desktop? The only reason not to get it would be if you didn't get along with the interface, but for a matrix interface it's pretty good. I used to do shows in almost completely dark rooms with mine, and didn't have any problems using it.

The flavour is quite different to the Andy or the Moog, I think it would be worth getting.

mao
Gear: Andromeda - Voyager RME - VSynth XT - MonoEvolverKeyboard - NordRack2X - EX-8000 - Waldorf Microwave - Machinedrum - Monomachine

Re: EVOLVER

Post by mao » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:48 am

Bought.

Great... it sounds wonderfully mixed with the Andy !!!

thanks