Novation X station

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
damienwatt_au

Novation X station

Post by damienwatt_au » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:14 am

hey im new here! :D
im going to get a synth for my 21st from my gf.
im new to this game so im looking for versatility, ill be using it as a controller with reason as well, as well as something modern.

after doing some basic research i think that the Novation X station seems pretty good for its price range.
has anyone had experience with this synth? i cant try it out because no one has it in my area.
also would powering this be a problem if i brought it from USA, 110V to 240V. I know it can be powered by USB and standard 9v adaptor. but when i plug in the USB will it blow this thing up???

Any help would be apprieciated!

Alex Hamilton

Re: Novation X station

Post by Alex Hamilton » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:40 am

damienwatt_au wrote:also would powering this be a problem if i brought it from USA, 110V to 240V. I know it can be powered by USB and standard 9v adaptor. but when i plug in the USB will it blow this thing up???
It shouldn't blow up as long as you use the right transformer - check the power draw on the synth when it arrives. I'm guessing from your username that you're in Australia? I'm sure the USB won't blow it up if it's plugged in at the same time as the PSU, most (all?) devices of this type use 'intelligent' sensing to detect whether they're being supplied power by the PSU - if they are, they don't draw from the USB. It'd be pretty silly for Novation to make it otherwise!