Crumar Multiman - Insane price!

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
alpha5000dk
Gear: Clavia|NordRack2X
Korg|TritonLe
MFB|FilterBox
Waldorf| Rocket
National|SX-3800a

Crumar Multiman - Insane price!

Post by alpha5000dk » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:00 am

Some Danish bloke is trying to sell his Crumar Multiman stringer synthesizer for nothing less than DKK 11.000 ~ USD 1.900 :roll:

Thou it is almost like new, it's absolutely amazing, that he can even think of trying, to get such an amount for such an instrument. It might be near mint, rare and lots more, but hey! Come on! Get realistic! :lol:

http://www.guloggratis.dk/fritid/musiki ... igimages=1

Just wanted to share this with you, since he is hoping to sell it to a foreigner (not a Dane) for that price. Anybody who owns one of these, who thinks it's worth that many money? :lol:

And no, I am not the owner/seller of it, but I wouldn't mind owning it. It does look sweet and I'm sure it sounds sweet too :)

TRANSISTOR FACE

Re: Crumar Multiman - Insane price!

Post by TRANSISTOR FACE » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:01 am

Isn't that pretty much the exact same thing as a crumar stringman?

In which case it's a pretty, pretty limited machine and whatever he's asking for it is an absolutely ridiculous price. Noone's gonna go for it.

I bought mine for 75$can. Never really used it.

alpha5000dk
Korg|TritonLe
MFB|FilterBox
Waldorf| Rocket
National|SX-3800a

Post by alpha5000dk » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:43 pm

Yeah!
Insane price!

I wrote him at told him, that it is funny, how some people thinks, they can get fortunes for their pre-MIDI instruments. He wrote me back, that he doesn't care about the synth/stringer at all, and it costs what it costs :lol:

Box
Gear: Roland JP-8000
Roland JX-3P
Roland JX-8P
1972 Wurlitzer Console Piano
Band: Neo Decorum
Location: Land of oscillators, filters, and other really cool looking stuff.

Post by Box » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:42 pm

alpha5000dk wrote:Yeah!
Insane price!

I wrote him at told him, that it is funny, how some people thinks, they can get fortunes for their pre-MIDI instruments
So I guess that Moog Modular isn't worth anything, and don't forget the Yamaha CS-80 and GX-1. Being pre-MIDI has nothing to do with the price of an instrument, it's just an added convenience. But on the older synths you have CV, so...
Help our very own Maschinengeist (Stéphane) by making your next purchase or repair with him! Click the logo for more info!

alpha5000dk
Korg|TritonLe
MFB|FilterBox
Waldorf| Rocket
National|SX-3800a

Post by alpha5000dk » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:51 pm

Box wrote:
alpha5000dk wrote:Yeah!
Insane price!

I wrote him at told him, that it is funny, how some people thinks, they can get fortunes for their pre-MIDI instruments
So I guess that Moog Modular isn't worth anything, and don't forget the Yamaha CS-80 and GX-1. Being pre-MIDI has nothing to do with the price of an instrument, it's just an added convenience. But on the older synths you have CV, so...
#-o
I'm sure you know exactly what I mean... :roll:

If not I'll tell you: the Crumar Multiman is way overpriced and many others are trying to make extra money on their vintage instruments. Nothing wrong with that, if they can sell it for what they're asking. But it is commonly known, that vintage instruments are way overpriced.

Box
Roland JX-3P
Roland JX-8P

Post by Box » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:02 pm

alpha5000dk wrote: #-o
I'm sure you know exactly what I mean... :roll:

If not I'll tell you: the Crumar Multiman is way overpriced and many others are trying to make extra money on their vintage instruments. Nothing wrong with that, if they can sell it for what they're asking. But it is commonly known, that vintage instruments are way overpriced.
I know, most vintage stuff is overpriced. Just look at all these vintage guitars that people want $10,000-20,000+ for. But the reason why vintage is overpriced is that their numbers are low. Yea 20,000 may have been made, but how many are left? That and as long as the demand is larger than the supply the price will remain high. In my opinion mostly everything is overpriced, but then again I'm poor and if I were rich I'd look the other way. Sorry about the confusion, but you saying it was overpriced just because it was pre-MIDI is what mislead me.
Help our very own Maschinengeist (Stéphane) by making your next purchase or repair with him! Click the logo for more info!

alpha5000dk
Korg|TritonLe
MFB|FilterBox
Waldorf| Rocket
National|SX-3800a

Post by alpha5000dk » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:29 pm

Well o.k., I can see your point too there :)

But still, I believe that many sellers thinks, they can get fortunes for their pre-MIDI stuff, just because it's pre-MIDI. There might be few left of the old instruments, but that doesn't make an instrument more wanted to me. I know other have different views on that :wink:

Box
Roland JX-3P
Roland JX-8P

Post by Box » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:06 pm

alpha5000dk wrote:There might be few left of the old instruments, but that doesn't make an instrument more wanted to me.
Yeah, that's my thing. I don't care if there's 200,000 or only 200 left. If it sounds like s**t I'm not buying it.