Keyboard Stands

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
Johnny Lenin
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: JX8P | AX60 | Little Phatty Stage II | DW8000 | Vox Jag | Fantom X6 | Juno-G | P-Bass | AS-120 | Double Jet

Re: Keyboard Stands

Post by Johnny Lenin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:42 am

wojam wrote:Looks good. Can you adjust the height of the tiers, move them closer together?
Yep. They're clamped onto on rails, so you can move them pretty much anywhere... you want the bottom tier an inch off the ground? No problem. You want the top tier at 57" ? No problem.

BlackGnosis
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: See signature image.
Band: Eridani V

Post by BlackGnosis » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:56 am

My Proline one has survived many-a-trauma, has NEVER tipped on me, and also kept all my synths on board with no slippage.

Ashe37 wrote:I find it funny that you're a guitar pedal snob and yet don't own a single analog synth.

b3groover
Band: THEO

Post by b3groover » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:41 am

Boy, it's hard to find a good keyboard stand these days. Looking at the 60" Standtastic three-tier. From the reviews, it seems like a winner.

pangmaster
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Voyager, PEK, A6, FIZ, Six-Trak, Juno, CZ, and other stuff

Post by pangmaster » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:52 am

b3groover wrote:Boy, it's hard to find a good keyboard stand these days. Looking at the 60" Standtastic three-tier. From the reviews, it seems like a winner.
I don't think you'd be disappointed with it. I've had two of them since last winter and they are great. No bounce and they feel rock solid.

I have all tiers angled so I can see the panels much easier.

"To be human, to be fully human, is to need music and to derive nourishment from the music you hear." - Bob Moog

b3groover

Post by b3groover » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:11 am

Should I go with the 60" or is that too tall for the lowest keyboard to be played sitting down?

plikestechno
Gear: Lots. See sig.

Post by plikestechno » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:31 am

My Proline/Quiklok three tier will have to do for now although it seems like it may fall apart at anytime. There's nothing really better up here.

And like an earlier post the second tier almost made me lose my mind but yes they are inherentily like that and will still hold your synths properly.
Serge/Modcan A/MOTM/Frac/Phenol/Andromeda/Jupiter6Europa/OctaveCatSRM/ARPSolina/ARPPro Soloist/Pro2/Korg770/Juno60/Lambda/Anamono/Little Deformer/Integra7/Microwave1&2/Syncussion/FS1R/Microkorg/Xoxio/VL1M/JD990/MKS50/TX816/DSS1/KARP/TG33/OCoast/SC40

Christopher Winkels
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Christopher Winkels » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:58 pm

BlackGnosis wrote:My Proline one has survived many-a-trauma, has NEVER tipped on me, and also kept all my synths on board with no slippage.

I bought a Quiklok one almost exactly like that two weeks ago. Terrible purchase. I'm contemplating taking it back.

To start, it stinks of creosote (no doubt as a result of those high quality polymers used in Chinese manufacturing.) :roll:

The left side is not perfectly mirrored on the right side (so anything placed on it sits at an angle from left to right - there is no way to fix this) and suffers from the affliction that affects all similar designs, namely that each lower tier affects the one above it. The last problem I should've taken into account, but the first two are just shoddy, substandard manufacturing.

3rdConstruction
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, the true north strong and free(zing).

Post by 3rdConstruction » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:38 pm

i think these look quite sturdy:
4D-145B.jpg
4D-145B.jpg (33.75 KiB) Viewed 1710 times
http://www.jaspers-alu.de/eng/keyboards.html
but they're in germany. does anybody here on vse use their stands? does anybody know if any retailers sell these in canada or the u.s.?
...speaking at length about something is no guarantee that understanding is advanced.

OriginalJambo
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Check my sig

Post by OriginalJambo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:19 pm

3rdConstruction wrote:but they're in germany. does anybody here on vse use their stands? does anybody know if any retailers sell these in canada or the u.s.?
Yup, I have this one here:

Expensive, but worth every penny if you ask me - really sturdy and fully adjustable. Ordered it directly from the webpage, if you are curious.

schmidtc

Post by schmidtc » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:14 pm

I ended up getting the standtastic 3 tier and it works fine for my needs, but the build quality isn't great. I'm going to have to get new t nuts to lock the arms because they are tapped so loose that they jump threads and don't lock properly. Kind of embarrassing for a new, high quality, made in USA product. Nuts and bolts are simple. Hard to believe they got it wrong. :roll:

b3groover

Post by b3groover » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:55 pm

I just bought the Standtastic 3 Tier. It will mostly reside in my studio and might be used live once or twice. Are the nuts and bolts really cheap, made of zinc or something? Might replace them with stainless steel if that's the case. Looking forward to having my SY99, SY77 or EX7 and Voyager all in one place. Or perhaps the SY99, Wurlitzer EP, or Voyager. So many options! :)

plikestechno

Post by plikestechno » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Quiklok mos def sucks but I can't find any other triple tiers here. I've thought about shipping from the States but shipping would be more than the stand plus customs and probably UPS fees because they couldn't (or wouldn't) send it USPS.

Maybe in Toronto there are more options but in Etown, if ya want a triple, it's a Quiklok. And to be honest, as crappy as it looks, it holds the boards all balanced and against the front nubs (2nd and 3rd tier.) Prophet T8 on the bottom, JX10 w/PG800 in the middle and Yamaha DX7IIFD on top.
Serge/Modcan A/MOTM/Frac/Phenol/Andromeda/Jupiter6Europa/OctaveCatSRM/ARPSolina/ARPPro Soloist/Pro2/Korg770/Juno60/Lambda/Anamono/Little Deformer/Integra7/Microwave1&2/Syncussion/FS1R/Microkorg/Xoxio/VL1M/JD990/MKS50/TX816/DSS1/KARP/TG33/OCoast/SC40

braincandy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by braincandy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:39 pm

plikestechno wrote:Quiklok mos def sucks but I can't find any other triple tiers here. I've thought about shipping from the States but shipping would be more than the stand plus customs and probably UPS fees because they couldn't (or wouldn't) send it USPS.

Maybe in Toronto there are more options but in Etown, if ya want a triple, it's a Quiklok. And to be honest, as crappy as it looks, it holds the boards all balanced and against the front nubs (2nd and 3rd tier.) Prophet T8 on the bottom, JX10 w/PG800 in the middle and Yamaha DX7IIFD on top.
Are you referring to the QL 3-tiered X-stand or the H-type stand (QL-699)?

I'll say this much for Quik-Lok--they have great customer service through their distributor. I bought a RS-654 rolling rack stand 7 or 8 years ago and it's since been replaced by the 954 (same stand, new model number). I lost the bolts for the connector bars and called QL's distributor to inquire about buying replacement bolts and they're sending them to me for free.
Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster | Squier CV Duo-Sonic | e6400 Ultra | Blofeld | a bunch of effects

plikestechno

Post by plikestechno » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:48 pm

The one pictured above. Whatever model that is.

pangmaster
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Voyager, PEK, A6, FIZ, Six-Trak, Juno, CZ, and other stuff

Post by pangmaster » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:00 pm

b3groover wrote:I just bought the Standtastic 3 Tier. It will mostly reside in my studio and might be used live once or twice. Are the nuts and bolts really cheap, made of zinc or something? Might replace them with stainless steel if that's the case. Looking forward to having my SY99, SY77 or EX7 and Voyager all in one place. Or perhaps the SY99, Wurlitzer EP, or Voyager. So many options! :)
I didn't notice the nuts being cheap, but I didn't really pay attention. I just pulled the stands out of the bags and set them up. To answer your previous question, the tiers are completely adjustable so you can put them at whatever height you desire. Order another pair of tier arms and add a fourth ;)

Cheers!
"To be human, to be fully human, is to need music and to derive nourishment from the music you hear." - Bob Moog