Korg N264, Korg N364, Yamaha CS6x, Korg Wavestation, Roland

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
rickyd

Korg N264, Korg N364, Yamaha CS6x, Korg Wavestation, Roland

Post by rickyd » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:35 am

Several different questions here. Some have to do with info about certain synths I'm looking into, and 1 or 2 other things here is just general talk based on opinions.

First of all.....what is the Yamaha CS6x like overall? I seen it on the main site here and it drew some interest from me, but I never had the pleasure of hearing any samples of it. Although this is a bit superficial, based on the presets, what type of genres of music you'd say the synth would work more for?

What are the major differences and similarities between the type of sounds that the N264 and N364 produces? Heard a bunch of samples from the N364 via Synthmania.com, but can't find any from the N264. The N364 seems to have quite a few 80s type of sounds but at the same time, alot of lush pads and stuff like that too.

Also, any Korg Wavestation and Roland D-50 lovers out there? How would you compare these two in your opinions? I noticed some similarites between them (Maybe it's just me), but just want to hear what everyone else thinks.

Yoozer
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Korg N264, Korg N364, Yamaha CS6x, Korg Wavestation, Roland

Post by Yoozer » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:59 pm

rickyd wrote:what type of genres of music you'd say the synth would work more for?
Electronic stuff. I'd say it's Yamaha's answer to the Roland XP-30 with a nudge to the groovebox crowd.
What are the major differences and similarities between the type of sounds that the N264 and N364 produces?
I think there's no difference except for the fact that the N264 has more keys.
Also, any Korg Wavestation and Roland D-50 lovers out there?
Go search in the General Discussion forums; I'm pretty sure there's a multi-page D50 discussion there, if you just want to hear opinions.
"Part of an instrument is what it can do, and part of it is what you do to it" - Suzanne Ciani, 197x.

rickyd

Re: Korg N264, Korg N364, Yamaha CS6x, Korg Wavestation, Roland

Post by rickyd » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:16 pm

Thanx for your answers Yoozer (I like that name by the way. lol)

The CS6x looks interesting though. I'm not really into Electronic music, but the music that I do (Reggae btw) is known for incorperating different elements, so I'm kind of open to different things to an extent. I did happen to hear some samples of it on the main site here, but not enough to get a good idea of what it's like.

As for the D-50 answer, well, I have been in the forums and found plenty discussions about it (One topic in which I started), but it's not referring to what I was talking about here (Hope this doesn't come across as being a somewhat rude statement to you because it's not :). I said that because it's so easy to read something and take it offensively).