88 Key Digital Workstation

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
ShadowsWithin

88 Key Digital Workstation

Post by ShadowsWithin » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:30 pm

does anyone know of a good workstation goring for about $1200 on ebay? i was looking into mabye saving up more and getting an X8 but i was wondering if there are nice one for around $1200 as well. really just looking to get one with a better engine than my XP-80 or X50. but really wan't a lot of control over my sounds as well, aftertouch/pressure/nice joystick etc.

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: 88 Key Digital Workstation

Post by meatballfulton » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:47 pm

X50, you mean a Korg right? The Triton Extreme 88 should be on your shopping list, I don't think you'll see an 88 key M3 that cheap but you might get lucky. Also don't overlook the M3M (module) since you can mix and match your own keyboard with the M3 (although unlike the Radias I don't see dealers stocking just the keyboard assembly).

Since you are already using Roland and Korg you might find the shift to a Yamaha too confusing, yet another operating system to learn from scratch. However a Motif ES8 could be found used for $1200.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.