no another drum machine thread

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
nu-tellar
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:50 am

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by nu-tellar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:35 am

RobotHeroes wrote:
nu-tellar wrote:now, lets talk about the boomchik, that`s what i want to now about.
http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewt ... t=boomchik

I am sure there were more threads than that about it too.
Syn303 wrote:Have you been drinking ?
:lol:
hey thanks robotheroes, i already check it out. oh guys my first drum machine the xbase 999, i got it this morning i had alot of fun, sound is great. oh s**t now, i ain`t only going to gas for synth. oh s**t i will always be broke damn. :lol:

nu-tellar
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:50 am

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by nu-tellar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:36 am

the linn drum ii it is vaporware.
Last edited by nu-tellar on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 2207
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:57 am
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion
Location: California/OT

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by RobotHeroes » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:24 am

Oh man you are totally wasted. You just quoted yourself after you posted for no apparent reason. Grip n sip.
"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

User avatar
kuroichi
Expert Member
Expert Member
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:43 am

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by kuroichi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:12 am

I just hope it ends up as something closer to the boomchik and not the third design, I want a drum machine, but at the moment it looks like its gonna end up like an Open Labs machine...

Oh yeah and June is my birth month, so yay for me if it does come out... I might ask for a free one or at least an all analog handjob...
Come on Bennett.... Let's Party!

User avatar
Computer Controlled
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:12 am
Gear: SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . Juno-1 w/PG-300 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . Beatstep Pro . Pioneer RMX-500
Band: Computer Controlled
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by Computer Controlled » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:58 am

Machinedrum kills =o]

:twisted:
Synths:
Avalon Bassline . TB-03 . JU-06 . MX-1 . Blofeld . MicroMonsta . Akai S5000
Drum Machines:
TR-09 . TR-8

User avatar
JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 3911
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: New York City

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by JSRockit » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Computer Controlled wrote:Machinedrum kills =o]

:twisted:
Kills what? Your ears?
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

User avatar
Yatmandu
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:57 pm
Gear: reverse
Location: Oith

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by Yatmandu » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Z wrote:
Yatmandu wrote:Did anyone notice the Monitor out/USB kbd/USB mouse connectors in the back of design 3? What exactly is this thing going to be?
Roger & Dave wrote:Beat-Centric Digital Audio Workstation with Integrated Analog Synthesis
Ok, I missed that whole discussion on design #3. I still vote for design #2: a digital samples + analog synth drum machine with AKAI-style pads and sequencer rather than a DAW with monitor hookups + USB kbd + mouse. I have a DAW: my laptop! Plus design #2 would be less expensive, no?

User avatar
hyphen nation
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:43 am
Gear: boxes that make noises
Location: sunny northwest

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by hyphen nation » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:19 am

apparently I am going to need to buy a desk just to house that thing IF I can swing one...I think it may be down on my list for a while...though if I spent on synths what I spend on Day Care, I'd have a Mr Rich type studio in no time at all...

nu-tellar
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:50 am

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by nu-tellar » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:32 am

RobotHeroes wrote:Oh man you are totally wasted. You just quoted yourself after you posted for no apparent reason. Grip n sip.
what you mean sip and grip.

also what is ihmo?
i never kn known what you guys mean by that.

nu-tellar
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:50 am

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by nu-tellar » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:34 am

Computer Controlled wrote:Machinedrum kills =o]

:twisted:
not the xbase 999. :twisted:

User avatar
JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 3911
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: New York City

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by JSRockit » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:44 pm

nu-tellar wrote:
Computer Controlled wrote:Machinedrum kills =o]

:twisted:
not the xbase 999. :twisted:
or the 888.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

User avatar
Stab Frenzy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9723
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:41 pm
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX
Location: monster island*
Contact:

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:05 pm

wiss wrote:
kuroichi wrote:Hey wiss, how come you keep saying a few weeks..?

Are you in on some secret info....?
June is the target date......that is a few weeks away.....
Actually it's Q3 09, which means July at the earliest (5% chance), end of September at the latest (20% chance) and some time before 2010 (75% chance).

Oh, and IMHO means In My Humble Opinion or In My Honest Opinion.

nu-tellar
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:50 am

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by nu-tellar » Wed May 27, 2009 5:03 am

JSRockit wrote:
nu-tellar wrote:
Computer Controlled wrote:Machinedrum kills =o]

:twisted:
not the xbase 999. :twisted:
or the 888.
hey jsrockit, how do you like the xbase 888, compared to the monomachine, in base of sequencer. what`s the different and pros and cons?

i been using the xbase 999, and i really like it. more for the step sequencer than anything, i also like the sound. but, the step sequencer is a joy to use. i am thinking of picking up another step sequencer either stamp along or, something like the machine drum. that is way i ask you this. and do you now of any other step sequencer, easy to use and good and, cheap.

User avatar
JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 3911
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: New York City

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by JSRockit » Wed May 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Well, nu-tellar, I don't use my 888 as a step sequencer for synths, so I wouldn't know where to start in comparing the two. However, the MnM allows real time entry of notes while recording external synths... and allows parameter locking of CCs. I think the Machinedrum is more similar to the 888/999 as far as sequencing external synths.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

User avatar
ThinkTanx
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:38 am
Gear: Elektron MnM SFX-6, MD UW MkII * Virus TI * Moog Voyager S.E. * Lemur * Ableton, FM8, Massive, FAW Circle * Distressors, Great River * Genelec 8050A
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: no another drum machine thread

Post by ThinkTanx » Thu May 28, 2009 12:38 am

Roger & Dave wrote:Beat-Centric Digital Audio Workstation with Integrated Analog Synthesis
Well, if that's the case, I'm definitely out on it. You would think these guys, of all people, would realize that less is more. :?

Post Reply