Should i get a Juno G for 1/2 price if I have the Fantom G?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
Alphacode

Should i get a Juno G for 1/2 price if I have the Fantom G?

Post by Alphacode » Fri May 29, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi Guys can anyone tell me if this will be an addition i heard that it has the fantom X engine so slightly different to the G .

I can have that Juno for 450 euro or less , 2 months old .

What do you think ?

Shreddie
Gear: Alesis Andromeda, Fusion 8HD: ART SGX Nightbass SE: Kawai K5000s: Yamaha A3000 V2, EX7, FS1R, PSS-480 (Don't laugh, it rocks!) and 4 planks.

Re: Should i get a Juno G for 1/2 price if I have the Fantom G?

Post by Shreddie » Fri May 29, 2009 10:58 pm

Not that I have much experience with either of those but from what I have read, the Juno-G has a slightly cut back implementation of the Fantom X synth engine but shares many of it's sounds. I would expect many or all of those sounds to be in the Fantom G.

Personally speaking, if I had a Fantom G I wouldn't bother with the Juno but if you feel you can make use of it, it may be worth it... You could always sell it in a couple of months if you didn't like it.

braincandy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Should i get a Juno G for 1/2 price if I have the Fantom G?

Post by braincandy » Sat May 30, 2009 1:53 am

I don't really understand why you'd want a Juno-G if you already have a Fantom G, unless it would be for gigging and you don't want to lug that 88-key monster around.
Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster | Squier CV Duo-Sonic | e6400 Ultra | Blofeld | a bunch of effects