Ridiculous eBay 'Buy-it-now' and starting bids.

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
space6oy
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Re: Ridiculous eBay 'Buy-it-now' and starting bids.

Post by space6oy » Sun May 27, 2012 7:50 pm

:roll:

fh991586
Gear: Roland JX-3P, D-50, JP-8080.
Korg Kaossilator, MicroKorg,
Yamaha Motif Rack.
Midines

Post by fh991586 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Why so pricey?
Available for sale:
-DSI Mopho
-TherapSID mk1
-Chamber of Sounds Jupiter III (mk1) & Jupiter T (mk1)
-The Complete DX7- Howard Massey (with original enclosed sounds on soft disks)

philip

Post by philip » Mon May 28, 2012 4:46 pm

space6oy
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Post by space6oy » Mon May 28, 2012 6:09 pm

:roll: midi controller.

Don T
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Roland SH-09, Korg Polysix, Moog Rogue, Realistic MG-1, Paia Fatman, Korg Monotron, and of course, my main instrument: Trumpet!

Post by Don T » Mon May 28, 2012 6:28 pm

space6oy wrote::roll: midi controller.

Woah, YGBSM!

Idiot probably thinks it's a REAL one! :lol: Even if it was, the BIN is still a bit much...
Don Taylor

Master of no trades, practitioner of many.
(Basically, this means I know just enough about a lot of things to get myself in real trouble)

fh991586
Yamaha Motif Rack.
Midines

Post by fh991586 » Wed May 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Scam for a Jupiter 8 in "Montreal"...
http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/msd/3045379364.html

Here is his answer:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my Roland Jupiter 8 Synthesizer 14 Bit . My asking price is $2,500.00. From the begining I want to tell you that I work for "Save The Children Foundation" and a couple of days ago I left Canada with my family and came to United Kingdom where I will stay for the next 6 months. I thought I'll sell it before I left Canada, but I couldn't. I had to take it with me because I had nowhere to leave it there.

Even if I'm here you can buy it without problems. For this I suggest we use BDES Delivery to handle this in the safest way possible. I will pay all shipping fees.

Thanks,
John
john.mechester@gmail.com
Available for sale:
-DSI Mopho
-TherapSID mk1

fh991586
Yamaha Motif Rack.
Midines

Post by fh991586 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Even with a website, this shipping company doesn't seem legit at all...

But I continued the email exchange just for fun:
Me:
You placed an ad in Montreal's Craigslist, so if the synth is not in Montreal right now, it looks pretty suspicious to me. There is no way that I will buy such a piece of gear without prior inspection. I am pretty aware of the possibilities of internet scams, so please spare my time if you do not have proof that the synth exists for real. Most of all, you would certainly not transport a Jupiter 8 without a flightcase from Canada to UK!
If you want to pursue this deal, I will require further information as to your past and present situation.

Him:
I was today at a BDES Delivery office and found that they offer escrow services for international transactions. They offer for the buyer 10 days inspection period and also they offer a safe way to handle the payment. Would you be interested in using this service for both protection?

Me:
No. You need to prove me that you actually have the synth before anything will go further.
You can buy today's newspaper wherever you are, and take a picture of the synth with the newspaper.
Unless I can be assured that the synth exists, there is no way that I will send any money... Why can't you give me the serial # if you have it with you?

Him:
The serial number is 413249.
Attached is a photo with the BDES Delivery Escrow terms. Read them and email me your complete name and address so I can go to the BDES Delivery office and deliver the package. 10 (ten) days Inspection Period is enough for you?
I wonder how long it will last... :roll:

BTW, this item was sold on eBay recently, so it is really a scam!
Available for sale:
-DSI Mopho
-TherapSID mk1

Infinity Curve
Gear: SH101, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, lots of eurorack
Band: Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Wed May 30, 2012 8:53 pm

fh991586 wrote:Even with a website, this shipping company doesn't seem legit at all...

But I continued the email exchange just for fun:
Me:
You placed an ad in Montreal's Craigslist, so if the synth is not in Montreal right now, it looks pretty suspicious to me. There is no way that I will buy such a piece of gear without prior inspection. I am pretty aware of the possibilities of internet scams, so please spare my time if you do not have proof that the synth exists for real. Most of all, you would certainly not transport a Jupiter 8 without a flightcase from Canada to UK!
If you want to pursue this deal, I will require further information as to your past and present situation.

Him:
I was today at a BDES Delivery office and found that they offer escrow services for international transactions. They offer for the buyer 10 days inspection period and also they offer a safe way to handle the payment. Would you be interested in using this service for both protection?

Me:
No. You need to prove me that you actually have the synth before anything will go further.
You can buy today's newspaper wherever you are, and take a picture of the synth with the newspaper.
Unless I can be assured that the synth exists, there is no way that I will send any money... Why can't you give me the serial # if you have it with you?

Him:
The serial number is 413249.
Attached is a photo with the BDES Delivery Escrow terms. Read them and email me your complete name and address so I can go to the BDES Delivery office and deliver the package. 10 (ten) days Inspection Period is enough for you?
I wonder how long it will last... :roll:

BTW, this item was sold on eBay recently, so it is really a scam!
Seems this is all over....

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/msg/3043531976.html

Pretty much same response, almost word for word. Different email though.

harness
Gear: stuff

Post by harness » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:52 pm

riiiiiiight
Yamaha RS7000, Akai S3000XL, E-MU E4XT Ultra, Access Virus Rack XL, Roland MKS 70, Future Retro 777, Studio Electronics ATC-X, Kurzweil PC361

samuraipizzacat29
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:01 am

http://albany.craigslist.org/msg/3051853767.html

I'm posting because i'm SICK AND TIRED of watching octave cat asking prices creep and creep and creep like it's some kind of minimoog (also over-priced). $2000 for a cat is ridiculous. $1500 for a cat is ridiculous. $1200 is getting closer but still ridiculous. $7-800 is more in the realm and especially so because nearly every cat I've ever been offered has some kind of repair issue.

i'm done whining. Still wish I had one..... ;)

walkathon
Gear: LionTamer 3.1

Post by walkathon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:52 am

samuraipizzacat29 wrote:http://albany.craigslist.org/msg/3051853767.html

I'm posting because i'm SICK AND TIRED of watching octave cat asking prices creep and creep and creep like it's some kind of minimoog (also over-priced). $2000 for a cat is ridiculous. $1500 for a cat is ridiculous. $1200 is getting closer but still ridiculous. $7-800 is more in the realm and especially so because nearly every cat I've ever been offered has some kind of repair issue.

i'm done whining. Still wish I had one..... ;)
I'm open to negotiation, but I will not give this away, as I do not need to sell this.

Translated: you'll be seeing this exact same ad re-posted weekly ad infinitum.

V301H
Gear: Fender The Strat, Stratocaster, Jazz Bass Rickenbacker 360-12, 320 Messenger(Mark Farner)
Band: The Characters

Post by V301H » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:56 am

Not only are Vintage Synths commanding extreme asking prices but old books on how to use them are too. Can you believe a $665 BIN on this book? If it's really worth this much I'm happy about it because I got a copy at a local FreeCycle meet last year.

Prophet 5 rev.2, Pro-One, Juno 60, Jupiter 6, Matrix 12, OB8, MS20, Poly 800, CS70M, DX-7, CP35, Casio PX-5S, Hammond C3/M102, Vox Continental/Super Continental, Gibson G101, Farfisa Compact, RMI 300A, Pianet N, Combo Pianet, S770, S760, S50, NS3C

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:08 am

V301H wrote:Not only are Vintage Synths commanding extreme asking prices but old books on how to use them are too. Can you believe a $665 BIN on this book? If it's really worth this much I'm happy about it because I got a copy at a local FreeCycle meet last year.

apparently they got their prices from the copies of it on amazon

silikon
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Random bullshit with knobs and buttons.
Band: Year with no summer

Post by silikon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:12 pm

This is some seriously retarded, over-inflated, bollocks.

echo 1 > /dev/awesome

Sir Ruff
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Two persimmon modulators and a frequency adjudicator.
Band: Ruff in the jungle

Post by Sir Ruff » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:29 pm

samuraipizzacat29 wrote:http://albany.craigslist.org/msg/3051853767.html

Gawd... you sound like someone I know ;) If they SELL for $1500, that's obviously what they're worth, duh!

Anyway, Cats haven't sold regularly for less than $1k for years... And they're actually pretty reliable compared to their ARP brethren.
Do you even post on vse bro?