POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY / CRAIGSLIST LISTINGS HERE!!!

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
bhrama
Gear: Sub 37, TR8, Streichfett, Tempest, P6
Band: Grit Lapse, Mangkind

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY / CRAIGSLIST LISTINGS HERE!!!

Post by bhrama » Tue May 31, 2011 6:20 pm

pulse_divider wrote:
killertofu wrote:
bhrama wrote:Check out the seller's feedback on the JP8, he either scammed the buyer or pulled a fast one. Either way, shananagins all around.
I was wondering that too.
Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but notice the back of the JP-8 the "Roland" logo looks a little more yellow than you'd expect? Maybe sun damage from sitting in front of a window? Also notice the seller is in "Brandon, FL"

Well, a few days later a JP-8 was listed by another seller in Tampa, FL.
To me, it looks like this one has the same yellowing on the back Roland logo.
I'm guessing this person offered the original seller more money, cash, and picked it up in person.
Basically, they swooped in bypassing the BIN buyer and re-listed it themselves making a few grand.
Just a theory..

The buyer was me, that's exactly what happened. I paid immediately and went back and forth with the seller over the next 24 hrs about proper packing, shipping, insurance, etc and then he all of a sudden backed out claiming "Ebay system error". The seller then relisted it under a different user name and re-sold it before I got my money back, which took a full week.
While the synth was real and so was the deal, the seller backed out and committed fraud. I'd highly recommend staying away from this seller (kurzweilder) or the alternate account he relisted it under (alcallu2) unless you want to get screwed.
Now he's complaining to Ebay that I "threatened" him, though the only threat I made was to give him negative feedback unless he explained his reasons for backing out of the deal.
Suck deal all around. The good news is that I used PP Bill-Me-Later to pay so no $$ actually came out of my pocket.

bummer, sorry to hear that. I gave up thinking I could find a JP8 for a reasonable amount, and scored a JP6.

plikestechno
Gear: Lots. See sig.

Post by plikestechno » Tue May 31, 2011 6:57 pm

pulse_divider wrote: The buyer was me, that's exactly what happened. I paid immediately and went back and forth with the seller over the next 24 hrs about proper packing, shipping, insurance, etc and then he all of a sudden backed out claiming "Ebay system error". The seller then relisted it under a different user name and re-sold it before I got my money back, which took a full week.
While the synth was real and so was the deal, the seller backed out and committed fraud. I'd highly recommend staying away from this seller (kurzweilder) or the alternate account he relisted it under (alcallu2) unless you want to get screwed.
Now he's complaining to Ebay that I "threatened" him, though the only threat I made was to give him negative feedback unless he explained his reasons for backing out of the deal.
Suck deal all around. The good news is that I used PP Bill-Me-Later to pay so no $$ actually came out of my pocket.
Boo. You did everything you could but this happens a lot unfortunately. Not only on Ebay but locally on Kijiji craigslist as well. A good deal pops up, you're first, you trade a couple of emails then boom nothing and its back online a few days later at a much higher price. I am ridiculously agressive when I get a deal on Ebay or Kijiji. You have to stay on top of it, my work is flexible so I offer to come over immediately. Like locally when I got an 808 for $250 and by the time I showed up there they said they had 30-40 emails but still sold it to me because I was first.

But sometimes you show up and they suddenly want way more money for something or someone that wasn't first to the pole offers them way more money than they had it listed for. I've had this happen a few times locally. Sometimes you can call a bluff and still get your price, sometimes I pay a little extra and sometimes I walk away. Depends on the item.

At least locally you have the ability to get their phone number and race to their house right away. No such luck online. So many things can happen between the auction or BIN listing and when you get the tracking number. Ebay is very aggressive about making buyers hold up their end of the bargain but don't hold sellers responsible if they flake out. There is no "non-commital scamming seller strike."

The most annoying thing about your situation is that the seller could have done five minutes of research online, listed it for 3k-6k and not put you through so much hassle. If you've got time to list it, you've got time to get an educated guess of what it's worth. There's no excuse.

Although that leads to my most recent grumble with Ebay. Completed listings are up for a very small amount of time now. It used to be a few weeks and now it's only a few days. Part of me thinks it's because they want to encourage more auctions and get that guaranteed payday as opposed to unpurchased BINs that just get listed over and over again and part of me thinks that it's because they don't feel like being a price guide for people looking to list their stuff on Kijiji and Craigslist. Hopefully encouraging those people to list on Ebay.
Last edited by plikestechno on Tue May 31, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serge/Modcan A/MOTM/Frac/Phenol/Andromeda/Jupiter6Europa/OctaveCatSRM/ARPSolina/ARPPro Soloist/Pro2/Korg770/Juno60/Lambda/Anamono/Little Deformer/Integra7/Microwave1&2/Syncussion/FS1R/Microkorg/Xoxio/VL1M/JD990/MKS50/TX816/DSS1/KARP/TG33/OCoast/SC40

bhrama

Post by bhrama » Tue May 31, 2011 7:04 pm

Seems crazy, but seller has a ridiculously high positive rating. I sent him an email, just because I'm curious.

plikestechno

Post by plikestechno » Tue May 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Seems fishy that all of those would get listed at the same time. With mostly stock pictures although the descriptions seems in depth. But I have them on watch anyway.
Serge/Modcan A/MOTM/Frac/Phenol/Andromeda/Jupiter6Europa/OctaveCatSRM/ARPSolina/ARPPro Soloist/Pro2/Korg770/Juno60/Lambda/Anamono/Little Deformer/Integra7/Microwave1&2/Syncussion/FS1R/Microkorg/Xoxio/VL1M/JD990/MKS50/TX816/DSS1/KARP/TG33/OCoast/SC40

bhrama

Post by bhrama » Tue May 31, 2011 7:17 pm

yeah no doubt, plus I went to his online store and eveything from a System 100 to an Arp 2600 to a Model D are listed @ $1700. Everything from sewing machines to cameras to odd ball stuff...

plikestechno

Post by plikestechno » Tue May 31, 2011 7:19 pm

Sounds like someone hacked their account maybe.

pulse_divider

Post by pulse_divider » Tue May 31, 2011 7:43 pm

Those are definitely scams... anytime the listing tells you to contact them at an email address outside of ebay like that it's a hacked account.

pulse_divider

Post by pulse_divider » Tue May 31, 2011 7:47 pm

This seems to be a good deal on a great synth... the seller has relisted several times over the last few months and I think it originally listed at over twice the price (though of course it didn't sell at that price). I'd get it if I didn't already have one.

plikestechno

Post by plikestechno » Tue May 31, 2011 10:57 pm

I'm sure local pick-up only kills a lot of deals.

bhrama

Post by bhrama » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:16 am

Seller misspelled Jupiter (Juptiter), anyone looking for a JP6 throw this guy an offer, I bet no one has even seen this.

Love the suitcase Moog!

space6oy
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Post by space6oy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:23 am

haha, that's probably just a typo they haven't caught yet. happnens.

th0mas
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: oakley tm3030/mopho keys/midibox sid/tr-707/tama techstars/monotron
Band: GRAVITRONIC

Post by th0mas » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:33 am

is this what the world's coming to?!?!
606, local sale, $750

lol "will not negotiate price via email" might as well shove that drum machine up your a*s

sequentialsoftshock
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Pro~One, MS20, MPC60, Aalto, Volca Beats, Volca Keys, Beatstep, Casio MT18, BitOne (sorta), Circle, Orbit 3, K5, Stylos, Univox Hi Flier, iPad
Band: Echo & Liora

Anyone interested in a Six Trak for cheap ? ($250)

Post by sequentialsoftshock » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Gonna be in the area for the next few days and could help someone out with picking this up.

http://williamsport.craigslist.org/msg/2394887025.html
bonne chance

space6oy
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Post by space6oy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:53 am

PS-3100 being auctioned off.

30h5
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: SH-2, JV-880, D-110, M-1000, CS-15, FR-777, FR-XS, ESQ-1

Post by 30h5 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:07 am

$550 BIN Free Shipping