POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY / CRAIGSLIST LISTINGS HERE!!!

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
b3groover
Band: THEO

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY / CRAIGSLIST LISTINGS HERE!!!

Post by b3groover » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:25 pm

It looked like it. The pictures were pretty amazing.

plikestechno
Gear: Lots. See sig.

Post by plikestechno » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Seems legit. Has been up forever. Has now thrown in trade option like ARP 2500, Buchla, unicorns etc...
Serge/Modcan A/MOTM/Frac/Phenol/Andromeda/Jupiter6Europa/OctaveCatSRM/ARPSolina/ARPPro Soloist/Pro2/Korg770/Juno60/Lambda/Anamono/Little Deformer/Integra7/Microwave1&2/Syncussion/FS1R/Microkorg/Xoxio/VL1M/JD990/MKS50/TX816/DSS1/KARP/TG33/OCoast/SC40

pulse_divider

Post by pulse_divider » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:39 pm

If that's the one I'm thinking of, it's been posted on several boards for the last few months. It seems pretty incomplete for $30K but maybe that's where the market is now. I'm guessing that the seller is feeling around for a price since it started higher (I think) and hasn't sold yet.

samuraipizzacat29
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:43 pm

here ya go: prophet 600 for $200 bucks. wish i was closer....

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/msg/2434227330.html

***edit: didn't pay attention to repair, but it does say best offer - could be a steal for a relic****

Sir Ruff
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Two persimmon modulators and a frequency adjudicator.
Band: Ruff in the jungle

Post by Sir Ruff » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:22 am

Gee... um... Nevermind the misplaced listing; I wish all auctions descriptions were this detailed! :geek:

Do you even post on vse bro?

synthRodriguez
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Moog - Roland - Yamaha

GX1

Post by synthRodriguez » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:00 am

John Paul Jones and Emerson's Yamaha GX1 is on eBay. $25,000 USD starting bid.

eBay number 230633561208

Ned Bouhalassa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: 1 old Japanese mono-monster, an old BBC Brit, and 2 Americans: one old NY fat poly, the other, a young Californian mono/para.

Post by Ned Bouhalassa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:01 am

I love the part about how you need to turn it off after a while, as it starts to make a noise. I mean for 30k or whatever it's going to end up selling for, you figure the owner would spring for a tech to fix it - unless it can't be fixed. In which case, I'd take it for 500 bucks.
My music: soundcloud
My analog synth videos nedonanalog
More about me: youshootiscore

fh991586
Gear: Roland JX3P, D50, U220, MVS1, JP8080.
Korg Kaossilator, Monotrons, MicroKorg, M3R.
Yamaha Motif Rack.
Midines

Post by fh991586 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:19 am

For those in Canada, like me. I'll keep an eye on it, but I doubt I can get it...

Considering parting away from:
-Roland TR707
-DSI Mopho

space6oy
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Re: GX1

Post by space6oy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:24 am

scottrod wrote:John Paul Jones and Emerson's Yamaha GX1 is on eBay. $25,000 USD starting bid.

th0mas
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: oakley tm3030/mopho keys/midibox sid/tr-707/tama techstars/monotron
Band: GRAVITRONIC

Post by th0mas » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:35 am

samuraipizzacat29 wrote:here ya go: prophet 600 for $200 bucks. wish i was closer....

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/msg/2434227330.html

***edit: didn't pay attention to repair, but it does say best offer - could be a steal for a relic****
Thanks! I'm heading halfway there in 2 weeks, trying to see if the seller can set anything up

samuraipizzacat29
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:32 am

re: electone gx-1 -
I noticed the listing says it's missing the bench and pedals (bummer- how does that even happen to a gx-1?), but also that "only 27-30 were produced" (which i'm pretty sure is wrong - closer to around 100 is what i thought i read) but..... see below for the even more stunning bits i stumbled across this while searching the web......

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb00/a ... ahagx1.htm

from article - "In 1995 Keith sold many of his synthesizers before emigrating to the USA (see SOS May '95). The sale included not one, but two GX1s. Chris Newman refurbished the equipment prior to this, and told me, "God only knows the condition the GXs are in, but we know that they don't work. The white one is flight-cased, but it's been shipped all over the world, and there's lots of work to be done there. Apparently, a gardener drove a tractor straight through the wall of Keith's home studio, running over it."

given the close match in serial #'s (5073 & 5076) i'm willing to bet that's this beast. idk if it makes me want it even more to know that the reason why it's missing the bench is that it genuinely was owned by keith emerson and that it was ran over by his lawncare guy.....

:) - i'm debating whether i should contact the seller for the clarification as it'd verify their keith emerson ownership story (thereby putting me out of any possible cheap "running") but it's the sort of thing I'd want a buyer to know.

thanks for the linky - it was a fun read if nothign else.

samuraipizzacat29
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:18 pm

well since someone else blew up my spot - i'll let you guys have at it.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/2438133322.html

it's legit - they have no idea what it's worth. I called yesterday (im in PA) and if I were in nashville and ready to go, i'd have been the proud owner of a $6k synth for $500. She had to work out ups, so I called again today at 11. when she got to work she said she was "surprised to have two others interested". Unfortunately - one of the toolbags said he'd offer $550, and she didn't honor the first come, first serve, and decided to open it up to a bidding war. One of her "bidders" suggested she might want to try ebay.

uuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

notice it's white too (idk what that means per se) but keep your eyes peeled on ebay, I'll keep mine too. maybe someone will get to love this thing for a good price. :)

plikestechno
Gear: Lots. See sig.

Post by plikestechno » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:55 pm

This happens ALL the time with local ads now everywhere. So many people are hunting that if something pops up you have to get them on the phone and get over there right away. It's your only chance.

People get jealous that they weren't the first to reply so they're more than happy to ruin it for the original replyer. Some people will offer more money, some people will say take it to Ebay. Only because they weren't the first. If people can't do the research or want to go best offer then they should say best offer.

Now someone who has no experience putting synths on Ebay or packing and shipping them is going to put a Gleeman Pentaphonic up there. The seller will probably get ripped off or the buyer will probably get something that doesn't work perfectly.

I used to look at Kijiji/Craigslist ads from outside my city a couple of years ago but if it's a really good deal it's not even worth getting excited about it. Even if you're the first person in, somebody by the end of day will offer to buy it locally.

EDIT: I see the Pentaphonic got changed to 1000 so maybe they're just looking for a quick sale. Maybe go snap it up! Flippers start to get antsy at shelling out 1k plus for things, the average flippers want the super cheap deals and may not necessarily have 1k sitting around.
Serge/Modcan A/MOTM/Frac/Phenol/Andromeda/Jupiter6Europa/OctaveCatSRM/ARPSolina/ARPPro Soloist/Pro2/Korg770/Juno60/Lambda/Anamono/Little Deformer/Integra7/Microwave1&2/Syncussion/FS1R/Microkorg/Xoxio/VL1M/JD990/MKS50/TX816/DSS1/KARP/TG33/OCoast/SC40

rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Post by rhino » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Is this thing like, totaly funky?? Or am I having a nostalgic moment....

When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger.
- Confucius

samuraipizzacat29
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:59 pm

thx for the update. I drew a line in the sand at $800 because that's the cash I legitimately have, and since they can't offer any help as to condition, I'm not willing to drop a whole lot more into it anyway.

as far as buying out of local craigslist - i have a feed set up in google reader, so I just poke through a couple times a day. I actually scored my fizmo from an out of state craigslist ad. paid $550 including shipping for one that's been used a handful of times by a sweet older lady and her daughter. She even included her book on proper manners - which I of course genuinely appreciated :)