Trying to decide between a prophet 600 and a jx-8p

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
wrekkstylz

Trying to decide between a prophet 600 and a jx-8p

Post by wrekkstylz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:20 am

I'm having some trouble on making up my mind on which synth to buy. I think I might like a prophet-600 but most of the videos I've seen seem to showcase it as more of a bubbling effects, noise maker kinda synth, and any of the good sounds I've heard come out of the prophet 600 seem to have that "electric tuba trumpet type" sound. I want a synth that is good for pads and also has a pair of cajones. I like that the JX-8P has a beefy sound to it too and good for about the same things. I'm sure the JX-8P would go well with the Juno60, but there's another thing. I'd like to have a different type sound too.

I'm thinking about going with the Prophet 600 because it seems to have a beefier sound, an arpeggiator, and even a sequencer i think and also has midi. I think after countless hours as well I could probably get the sound I'm going for too (Haunting Pad Sounds, Plucks, and that electric tuba trumpet combo brass sound, and maybe some kind funky mellow pianoish type sounds).

Does anyone have these 2 or have played around with them? If so which synth did you like better?