Mini Model D prices in NA

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Mini Model D prices in NA

Post by Solderman » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:59 pm

I've been watching auctions of Minimoog Model D's, sold in North America, for about a month. They seem to range from 2.2-3.8k USD. It also appears most of the bidders are privy enough to bid lower for serial numbers higher than 10174. I'd guess one of the original R.A. Moog badged units, in great condition and serviced, could fetch higher than 5k, correct?

I am curious about a fair price on these before I start looking.
Last edited by Solderman on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.

Ghost of Crow

Re: Mini Model D prices in NA

Post by Ghost of Crow » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:19 am

Outside the bidding arena? :lol:
Ok. A tenner.

Dont be so f**k daft. You are ALWAYS in a bidding arena in this silly connected age. [-X
"Her face is sans feature, but she wears a dali brooch"

Report this post

Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Solderman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:19 pm

Okay, splendid. Pay no attention to me, the stupid git who asks for advice on how and where to find a Model D for a fair price. I'll wager there's no such thing now, anyway.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.

xpander
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: UltraProteus, Xpander, 200e, Minimoogs, Radias, Prophet VS, PolyEvolver, Arp 2600

Post by xpander » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:43 pm

it sounds like you've already answered your own question to a certain degree. i'd shoot for finding one for about $2500. the earliest ones are definitely the collectors items which i'd steer clear of- the later ones are generally more & more stable and most likely what was used in any recordings that helped you shape your idea of what a mini sounds like. incidentally, my favorite is the high serial version as i've always found it more pitch perfect and a more dynamic a tool.