should i trade...

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
Fogflip
Gear: voyager, MOOG LP II, virus TI, Jupiter 6, Monome 256, 2006 fender American strat, thingamakit, casio sk1, motu ultralite mk3, cp-251.

should i trade...

Post by Fogflip » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:07 am

so i have been trying to sell my little phatty for some time now its a stage two with custom sides, i have been offered a rhodes mki 73 in good condition plus 150 should i take it or not. What do these normally sell for? never really considered buying a rhodes before or played one also it is missing the sustain pedal it came with. thanks
Take it sleazy

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Re: should i trade...

Post by pflosi » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:16 am

Over here in Europe i'd say it would be a good deal. they sell for about the same as the little phatty costs new over here. that said, the little phatty CAN be bought new at all...

but in the US, rhodes go for a lot less $. also if it's missing the sustain pedal, i'd say drop the deal and watch out for a cheap rhodes if you want one (i've seen one here on VSE for sale a few days ago for 500$ with everything included, that would be a GREAT bargain over here...).

maindeglorie
Gear: Voyager Select,Little Phatty,ARP Solus,Omni II,Yamaha CS-40M,Prophet 5,Prophet 08,OB-Xa,MaxiKorg,Nord Lead 3,Nord Wave,Eurorack modular, etc.

Post by maindeglorie » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:20 pm

With the new CV factory mod for the LP, I would say keep it.

Seriously, now you can completely interact with the Moogerfoogers, modular synths, CP-251 AND.... the Voyager.
As you know, I have a Voyager and the LP, and I can't wait to get this mod and combine both of them.

If you have the Phatty, Voyager, Fooger Ringmod, and the CP-251/VX.... you can have one h**l of a Moog analog system.

redchapterjubilee

Post by redchapterjubilee » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:44 pm

I guess it depends on the condition of the Rhodes. I sold a Little Phatty earlier this year for $750 postpaid. I'd have a hard time finding a good Rhodes in the States for that kinda money. You can find cheap ones all day long but they usually have been rode hard and are in bad need for maintenance. I dunno. If the deal is for you to get the $150 and the Rhodes and you really don't want the LP then go for it.
http://facebook.com/greatunwashedluminaries
ANALOG SYNTHESIZERS + EFFECTS + COMPUTERS

Fogflip
Gear: voyager, MOOG LP II, virus TI, Jupiter 6, Monome 256, 2006 fender American strat, thingamakit, casio sk1, motu ultralite mk3, cp-251.

Post by Fogflip » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:13 am

I decided not to do the deal got a cash offer for my LP i have no reason to keep both a voyager and Lp even though they are slightly different one is enough for me. thanks everyone
Take it sleazy