ROLAND JUPITER 4 QUESTION

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
terreror

ROLAND JUPITER 4 QUESTION

Post by terreror » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi guys!

Was looking for one of these,ROLAND JUPITER 4,do you know for how much they go nowadays in fully working order,I know they're quite rare and difficult to find?So if any of you has a clue,please let me know!

Cheers!

BoxPhenom

Re: ROLAND JUPITER 4 QUESTION

Post by BoxPhenom » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:36 pm

The prices vary wildy, they are often in need of calibration and/or servicing, I'd say as low as 500$ if you're very very lucky, but usually between 1200$ and 2000$, I've seen one go for 2500$ on eBay.

Since mine has been fully restored and calibrated, and has the CHD midi kit, I think with some luck it could go as high as 2000$-2500$, but I'm not selling it anytime soon, it's a great synth!!

nathanscribe
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Post by nathanscribe » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:35 pm

It depends where you are in the world too. Dollar/Pound/Yen/Conch shells don't necessarily translate into equivalent prices. The range is wide though, Box is right there - UK prices lately (actual sales) have varied from £750 to £1500 that I've seen.

terreror

Post by terreror » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:06 pm

Thanks for your answers! I'm just wondering,because I have one ROLAND JUPITER 4 in very good condition,fully working with all the knobs,sliders etc,and was wondering for how much to sell it! I know it's a beast and I don't want to sell it actually,but have some financial problems right now,that's why would have to sell this! I'm going to place it on eBay Germany,I'll ask for 800-850 euro,think it's a fair price! If any of you guys has an interest in it,let me know,could discuss the price and stuff,will send actual pictures,will make a video to show that everything is working,the quiality of it might not be that good though,I'll have to shoot the video with the camera on my mobile,but you'd be able to see it and hear it! You could write to me on s.y.n.t.h@abv.bg if you're interested! I could also trade it for a CLAVIA NORD WAVE,CLAVIA NORD LEAD 3 or any of the ACCESS VIRUS TI!Wanted to try one of these for a long time!

Cheers!

terreror

Post by terreror » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:29 am

OK,the synth is already on eBay,even reduced the price a bit,you could take it for 699 euro,or best offer!There you could also see pics of the real item,and here you could download a short movie file I did with my mobile(the quality isn't that good,but you could see that it's working and in good shape):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0kohbg

And here's the action for it on eBay,check my feedback there to see that I'm a trusted member with 100% positive feedback:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :MESELX:IT

So,if you're interested,you could send me an email to s.y.n.t.h@abv.bg ,or buy it straight from eBay!

Cheers!