Nice Synth Shops in Oslo?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
paugui

Nice Synth Shops in Oslo?

Post by paugui » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi

I moved to Oslo last week and was wondering if there are any good synth shops in here, or other good places to search for some used synths?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards

Paugui

D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Nice Synth Shops in Oslo?

Post by D-Collector » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:56 pm

I don't live in Oslo, but the only instrument shop I know of that has vintage / used synths in Oslo is Multima in Teatergt. 1. They used to have a section for that on their website http://www.multima.no, but that has been taken down. I emailed them about it some time ago, and they said that they still get old gear in for sale. They have always been nice and friendly to me. All the other shops I have visited in Oslo only carries new stuff. But then, I probably don't know them all. Of course you might want to check out norwegian internet auctions and classifieds: http://www.qxl.no/pris/musikkinstrumenter/c/cn11347/ http://www.finn.no/finn/bap/all/result? ... EGORY=7763 You have to look hard to find anything cheap though, that goes for everything in this country.

You also have this guy who repairs, refurbishes and sells vintage analog synths: http://analog.no/cms/index.php?option=c ... &Itemid=63

Hope this is helpful, but the other guys from Oslo here can probably tell you more. :wink:

paugui

Post by paugui » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi

Thanks a lot for your reply.

By the way, prices there for used stuff are nice, or not that much?
I am kinda hopeful that used synths are not expensive on stores as I saw on FINN.no a M50 being sold for a bit more than 500 euros used when new it seems to be sold for more than double that price in here.

Thanks again and best regards

Paulo Santos

premieklovn
Gear: T.O.N.T.O
Band: Monomen

Post by premieklovn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:25 am

Welcome to Oslo!

IMO synths are quite expensive here but you might have some luck and find a sweet deal on finn.no. Regarding shops multima was the leading vintage synth dealer but they're very expensive and I think they recently changed owners so I'm not sure if they'll continue to sell vintage equipment.

PS: I might need to sell a monosynth in the near future

If you want to get in contact with some synth people in Oslo you should join the third norwegian synth meeting.

paugui

Post by paugui » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Hi

This wednesday there was a Wurlitzer for 1500 Kr (but I emailed too late...) and I almost snatched a DX7 for 1250 Kr (but someone offered more and the person said he thought the deal was not finished...), but apart from that I am having quite some troubles to find anything cheap...
As I already have a lot of keyboards back in Portugal, I would just be interested in a really cheap polyphonic synth so that I can play a bit (I wasn't exactly wanting something really for now), but it really seems quite hard...

I went to Multima yesterday and they had a nice collection of equipment, despite they didn't have a section of nice used stuff (only a Fender Rhodes that wasn't for sale), but indeed the prices are really expensive... the MPC5000 was there fro 25000 Kr when in Musicstore it is sold for less than 2000 euros...
From what the guy in the store explained me, they can't get good prices on the equipment they have on the store (he told me they buy the stuff for the same price it is being sold on the US), which considering the high taxes and salaries lead to high prices...
It's really a shame they can't have good prices, cause I'm really enjoying the city.

I am going to send an email to ask some more info about the meeting (another user from Norway already had told me about it).

I also sent you a PM about the monosynth.

Best regards and thanks for your replies,

Paugui

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Machinedrum UW & Monomachine Mk2's
Korg KP3 & Zero 4
Band: Siesta Submarina

Post by TrondC » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:06 am

welcome to Norway :)
I paid $1000 (6000NOK) for my Microkorg back in '04, so it's safe to say we have some outstanding prices compared to the international market here. Never bought musical gear within the country since, as eBay and the low USD completely kills the norwegian prices. h**l, even with 70% discount, the MC808 my local shop had for sale still cost ca $750, new price was 11000NOK, that's what I paid for my brand new MDUW directly from elektron...

so, hi, welcome, enjoy the country, but get your gear off eBay, finn.no or on this board...

paugui

Post by paugui » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:49 am

I got a good deal on FINN.no and picked up a Nord Modular G1 Keys Expanded for 4800 Kr some hours ago.
It was way more than what I wanted to spend but it was the full package (it included a case too) so I thought it deserved a small sacrifice :P
It is only a shame I have no MIDI device to connect it to the computer and edit it, but I'll try to get one later (the huge amount of sounds it includes are quite nice so it is enough to play for a while).

Indeed good deals don't seem to pop up easily around here, but still the variety of equipment is way larger than in Portugal and for now I am definitely satisfied.

By the way, any of you guys are going to the Synth Gathering here in Oslo on 31 October?
I'll be there and hope it will be quite nice (at least I think there will be some modulars and I would really love to try one)

Best regards to you all,

Paugui

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:21 am

Ah, I should have mentioned that my friend's band was playing in Oslo on the weekend, the Night Terrors. Heaps of synths and possibly the best theremin player you'll ever see. Did anybody go?