So my buddies and I are starting a band...

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
basic303

So my buddies and I are starting a band...

Post by basic303 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:02 am

it's gonna be an early 80s electro group along the lines of Newcleus, Egyptian Lover, etc.. The instrumentation will be Keyboards, (Yamaha DX7s, Roland JX-3P, Access Indigo) Drum machines, (Elektron Macinedrum, Korg EMX-1) Turntables and an MC.

My question is, I need a Vocoder, (I already posted about that about a week ago, thank you to those that helped me out with the choices!) and I've narrowed it down to a Korg MS2000 or a Electrix Warp Factory and I was wondering which choice you think would be better. I feel like the Warp Factory is a better Vocoder, but that the MS2000 would be more versatile as an instrument allowing it to be used in other musical projects.

What do you guys think?
Arsenal: Elektron Machinedrum SPS-1,Roland JX-3P, Yamaha DX7s, Doepfer Dark Energy, Multivox String Machine, Korg DDD-1, Korg M1, Roland MKS-7, 1978 Fender Precision Bass, Upright Bass

killanator
Gear: Alesis Quadrasynth, Roland SH-201, Various MIDI things, Samson MediaONE 5a Active Studio Monitors
Band: Solo

Re: So my buddies and I are starting a band...

Post by killanator » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:12 am

I have an MS2000R and it's vocoder is pretty good IMO(though I am selling it). It depends on how clear you want it to sound.

Dj Pound
Gear: Korg ESX-1
Korg EMX-1
Korg ES-1
Microkorg
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss Br-532

Re: So my buddies and I are starting a band...

Post by Dj Pound » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:42 am

No Microkorg or Microkorg XL? I havent used many vocoders, but the one on the OG microkorg kicks some a*s if used properly.
Korg ESX-1
Korg EMX-1
Korg ES-1
Microkorg
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss Br-532