Pro-One price?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
KLAXON

Pro-One price?

Post by KLAXON » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:49 am

I was wondering what the going rate for a good condition Pro-One is? I know, you can say "check ebay" but being that, for whatever reason, a bunch of Pro-One's have been listed simultaneously the past few weeks, I don't think I can get an accurate assessment from that since with that many listed at once, they will obviously go for under market value.

I have been considering selling mine, and am looking for honest opinions. Serial number is right in the sweet spot, after the PS problems, and before the membranes were introduced.

Thanks!
.....i have some things that create and sculpt sound.

Fogflip
Gear: voyager, MOOG LP II, virus TI, Jupiter 6, Monome 256, 2006 fender American strat, thingamakit, casio sk1, motu ultralite mk3, cp-251.

Re: Pro-One price?

Post by Fogflip » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:24 am

I personally wouldn't pay more than 750 but i would say between 700-900 is the sweet spot.
Take it sleazy

sam
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by sam » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:28 pm

800 to 1000 e these days...
Lam memorymoog.Sonic six.Vp330 mk1.SH101.OSCar.ARP odyssey..multivox mx3000.Solina stringsynth.polivox
ms20/50.Andromeda. OBX.
Prophet 5 Pro-one. Wasp.EMS AKS.

Christopher Winkels
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Christopher Winkels » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:11 pm

It really is all over the place, as I found out when I tried to sell mine.

There's a local dealer here in Toronto who sold two J-wire versions in excellent condition during the last six months for around $1,200. That's the absolute upper end of the market, and represents a retail price for a top model.

Conversely I had trouble shifting mine at $950 despite it being in almost as good condition. Membrane versions would knock some more off that price ($100? $200? I have no idea).

Then again any synth can sell at any price if the right buyer and seller find each other.

CfNorENa
Gear: SEM | SH-2 | Prophet 5 | MKS-70 | Microwave XTk | Kronos || AD 202 | El Capistan | DP/4 | Eclipse | Rumour | PCM90

Post by CfNorENa » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:48 am

This guy has posted an internet "shrine" to the Pro-One, including a list of all Pro-Ones sold on ebay from Feb. 2008 to Oct. 2009. Average price: $915 US (or 672 GBP).

http://www.pro-one-synth.org/index.php

Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Solderman » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:55 am

I sold mine for $400 last year. Not a thing wrong with it, a rev 1.2 with a refurbished J-wire keyboard, and in fact I modified it to extend the cutoff range to about 70hz from 100hz. That price is just what I bought it for in 2002. I don't believe in selling for a profit, and find the whole price hike thing in the last 5 years depraved and sad. Find someone like me, and stay away from the 'bay.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.

KLAXON

Post by KLAXON » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:00 am

Thanks for the insight guys, I appreciate it.

I was hoping it was closer to $1000, but seems from the responses here it averages closer to $900 these days.

Solderman, I'll give you $5000 cash for your house, if it is over 1850 sq feet, that is. Ya know, I find the whole housing market and price hike over the last few decades sad... ;)

Surely you agree and will accept my deal. :P
.....i have some things that create and sculpt sound.

Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Solderman » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:09 pm

The stipulation is selling something for what it was bought for. May I ask why you're selling the Pro~One? I sold mine because I was basically unhappy with its sonic character. I do miss certain things only it could do well, though.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.