Elektron MachineDrum

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
ThinkTanx
Gear: Elektron MnM SFX-6, MD UW MkII * Virus TI * Moog Voyager S.E. * Lemur * Ableton, FM8, Massive, FAW Circle * Distressors, Great River * Genelec 8050A

Re: Elektron MachineDrum

Post by ThinkTanx » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:17 am

RobotHeroes wrote:
ThinkTanx wrote:I have to think, like Trond says, the complaints have something to do with headroom and the way peeps are mixing within the MD.
And having the instant gratification of old school drum machines in mind. If someone didn't spend the time I am sure they would be pissing themselves off with kicks and snares that sounded like the flicking of paper.

When I started to get kicks with the right weight and feel I had a smile on my face. Success!
Yeah, that's true. The 'default' settings do not bring the magic.

rharris07
Expert Member
Expert Member
Band: Ghost Fires, The Witch Family

Post by rharris07 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:54 am

I've been really interested in one of these for awhile - what is the average cost on a used unit? I have never seen one in person, probably won't unless I buy it - soooo I'm not sure what kinda price range I need to be looking for...I've seen them all over between 1300 to 2000 - so whats an actual good price?

MEK | SixTrak | DrumTraks | Motif 8 | DW8000 | MicroKorg | EMX1 & ESX1 | Soviet TOM | Arp Quartet | SD-1 32V | Elka 490 | Indigo 2 | E6400 | Morpheus | SQ2 | DotCom Modular

ThinkTanx
Gear: Elektron MnM SFX-6, MD UW MkII * Virus TI * Moog Voyager S.E. * Lemur * Ableton, FM8, Massive, FAW Circle * Distressors, Great River * Genelec 8050A

Post by ThinkTanx » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:01 am

The EU Forum is the best place. They come up all the time, and you can research prices there.

http://elektron-users.com/index.php?opt ... t&catid=12

bhrama
Gear: Sub 37, TR8, Streichfett, Tempest, P6
Band: Grit Lapse, Mangkind

Post by bhrama » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:37 pm

I got mine from NovaMusik, as an "opened box" for around $1400.00 US, came w/ the turbo Midi and a really nice bag plus free shipping. Think they are out of Milwaukee, or close to. Good peeps for sure.

Elektron users forums have them all the time, often for trade on other goods.

On an update note, I've been having break thru, after break thru with the MD since my first post. I highly recommend these 2 tutorials. Simple, to the point and like turning a lightbulb on for MachineDrum newbs (like me!)

Cheers for all the insights and tips.