Good sequencer for a Vermona DRMI MkIII?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
Dubersive

Re: Good sequencer for a Vermona DRMI MkIII?

Post by Dubersive » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:02 am

aeon wrote:Sure, as more and more people come to realize how absolutely brilliant they are, regardless of the price.

Another reason they are great for drumwork is because you can replace tracks within a pattern on the fly, allowing for real-time remix of patterns. The per-step trigger divisions are also nice for some stutters and rolls while in XOX mode.

cheers,
Ian
Just found one on eBay at a good price...hopefully I can win the bid!

Thanks again for help everyone. If I can't get this, I'll probably settle on the RS7000 or something cheaper like the Electribes.
[ Cwejman S1 MK2 / Korg MS-20 / SQ-10 | TR-606 | Eurorack stuff ]

Dubersive

Post by Dubersive » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:30 am

So I decided to take a 180 and go for the Sequentix P3. I'm still drawn to the Europa to get specifically for the DRMI at a later date, but I think for now I'm going to try to win the bid on the P3 and see where that takes me. Supposed to be one of the best MIDI/CV sequencers available at the moment, from what I've read.

aeon

Post by aeon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:25 pm

If I was going to get a P3, I would wait for the release of the Cirklon so P3 prices would drop even further.

That said, I did not care for my limited time with the P3 - the UI was not to my liking, powerful a machine as it was.

Good luck on your quest!

cheers,
Ian

Dubersive

Post by Dubersive » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:03 pm

My thinking was that I would get the P3 now (the price it's going for is surprisingly cheap), and then buy the Cirklon to go along with it for a very powerful combination.

If I can get the Europa in addition at some point, I don't think I would ever need another sequencer again :P

giorgio

Post by giorgio » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:58 pm

akai mpc

hello how come no one mentioned this? you can get these dirt cheap now compared to old prices, and they have some of the best sequencers. i like the 1000 with JJOS2XL

Dubersive

Post by Dubersive » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:28 pm

giorgio wrote:akai mpc

hello how come no one mentioned this? you can get these dirt cheap now compared to old prices, and they have some of the best sequencers. i like the 1000 with JJOS2XL
I honestly don't think I would have the patience for an MPC, as popular as they are. Lots of menu-diving from what I understand, and the LCDs on those are tiny. Maybe if I come across a good deal, I'll pick one up to try it out.

I didn't win the bid on that P3 during the summer. After that, I decided to follow Aeon's advice and wait for the Cirklon. I'm on the waiting list. Hopefully by the time it's released, I'll be able to afford it.

etc.

Post by etc. » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:48 am

mam sq16