What Synth?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
djstyleee

What Synth?

Post by djstyleee » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Alright VC, I am a big hard dance fan especially the old german hard dance that used to be massive back in the mid 90's from labels such as EDM (Cocooma, Atomic Junkies), ZYX Music, Space Flower etc. I am after getting hold of a couple of the vintage synths utilised around this time by such hard dance artists. However, this was long before my time and I am not sure on which ones would have been most popular for theis style of music at the time?

Few links for a general idea:

loving loop listen to the fat bass

Any of the old skool on here could point me in the right direction would be much appreciated :-)

OntarioHydro
Band: {}[]<>[]{}

Re: What Synth?

Post by OntarioHydro » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:10 pm

some romplers and coek

Mr Knesh
Gear: DP/4+ because in order to dive in deep, you have to DP.

Post by Mr Knesh » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Hard Style, Hard Trance, Hard Dance, they all make me rage. Never have I heard electronic music whose beat and energy was so forced and incoherent. There are no build ups, no interludes, just four on the f**k floor. YOU ARE ENERGETIC YOU COKED/METHED OUT JUNKY, SO DANCE LIKE YOU ARE TRIPPING!!!!

As far as that goes. I would get a big beefy sampler. Go buy yourself an MPC5000 and load it up with 12-bit samples of as many 808 kicks that you can find. Then a JP8080 or Access virus B or C. Anything with a supersaw and an appreggiator will work.

sequentialsoftshock
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Pro~One, MS20, MPC60, Aalto, Volca Beats, Volca Keys, Beatstep, Casio MT18, BitOne (sorta), Circle, Orbit 3, K5, Stylos, Univox Hi Flier, iPad
Band: Echo & Liora

Post by sequentialsoftshock » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:57 am

MoPho is a modern day synthesizer which can do the basslines for less than vintage equivalents.
bonne chance

portland
Gear: Elektron Machinedrum UW+, GEM S2, Roland S-760, Korg SDD-3300, Kawai Q-80, Yamaha TG-77, Yamaha 01x, Adam A7s, Logic Studio, Reaktor 5
Band: Romeo Alfa

Post by portland » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:36 am

Quasimidi