Got Shruthi?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
eucarya

Re: Got Shruthi?

Post by eucarya » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Any news on when the next batch is coming? I'm on the list, etc. Just wondering if anyone knows anything...

space6oy
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Post by space6oy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:25 pm

i wouldn't bother emailing to ask, never replied to the one i sent about my kit's scratched panels.
:x

kaeth

Post by kaeth » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:20 am

Keeping an eye on the forum is the best way to stay up to date. He usually gives the forumites a heads-up first.

space6oy
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Post by space6oy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:16 am

wow, i just tried emailing again and this time it was rejected as if olivier has closed his account.

Projectile

Post by Projectile » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:10 pm

I've contacted Oliver by email in the past and got a reply. However, if you have any questions it might be better to post them in the forum. He is very active there, and there are other people that can answer your questions there too.

As far as the next batch of kits, I don't remember there being any specific date set yet. Oliver is busy working on a big firmware update, and the next batch of kits will have a lot more patch memory and a whole new bank of patches. This requires some additional testing and debugging, so it has delayed things a bit. Though, I'm sure it won't be long, since the firmware update is in the final stages now. You can follow all of this on the forum if you dig through the posts.

Altitude
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Altitude » Thu May 05, 2011 4:24 pm

This just came out:
http://mutable-instruments.net/sidekick

Standalone control for the filter boards..

Sir Ruff
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Two persimmon modulators and a frequency adjudicator.
Band: Ruff in the jungle

Post by Sir Ruff » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Just want to +1 on the Shruthi love... finally got mine working after an easy self-induced problem (swapped resisitors, doh!) - I can't believe I didn't screw it up more royally! - and love the sound immediately. Dirty and digital through and through, in the best way possible. What I imagine a monophonic MWI would sound like, but with more of an XT-bite.

I think DSI needs to take a page from Mutable's book - if the MEK had had this many wavetable options tweaks, I probably would have kept it (though I can't ignore the fantastic delay/feedback options on that synth). Oh, and the filter on this sounds better too!

A polyphonic one of these would sound fantastic.

Only real gripe (like others) is the case - I can't get the front panel to sit without inhibiting knob/button movement. Anyone found a workaround?
Do you even post on vse bro?