looking for bass/drum box

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
yamaha22

looking for bass/drum box

Post by yamaha22 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:31 am

i already have keys and a rompler but i am still limited because i have to use vsts for writing drums and basslines(to a certain extent)

i want to have all my gear together and only worry about recording in sony acid. in acid i can use vstis but not well. plus i just want to have a bit of a little studio...

i want a groovebox type toy that can do bass sequencing and drum sequencing

the electribe em-1 looks great but it's kinda pricey... i mean i COULD save up for it but....

i want to get opinions on what i should buy and remember kinda cheap, like 200 area used

should i just get the em-1?

space6oy
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Re: looking for bass/drum box

Post by space6oy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:11 am

you could land an EM-1 pretty freaking cheap pretty easily... they never go for over $200, keep an eye out & you'll land one for half that. & keeping it cheap for percussion & bassline sequencing, it definitely fits the bill.

so... yes.

yamaha22

Post by yamaha22 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:26 am

cheers.

giorgio

Post by giorgio » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:34 am

Emu makes some stuff that'd work, Check out the command station series And the rave o lution 309 which I realize is not emu but someone else. Both might not be easy to find for $200 though.