3 tier stand

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

3 tier stand

Post by phesago » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:39 am

anyone can tell me of a good one? the one I have is s**t. its an "onstage" brand. I want to set it on fire.

Or something that can suit my needs, but I'd like something with three levels...

synthparts

Re: 3 tier stand

Post by synthparts » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:44 am

In my experience the best stands are Standtastic.
Vintage Synth Parts - http://www.synthparts.com

phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by phesago » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:58 am

Interesting. Will talk to those guys tomorrow. thanks

Mr. DiSco

Post by Mr. DiSco » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:42 am

I heard König & Meyer do the best ones. I passed close to buying one than chose I didn't need a 3 tier stand. If I would have bought one it would have been this one.

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Post by Z » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:31 pm

I have several On Stage 3 tier stands and nave had any issues. I've algo got a couple of "X" style 3 tier stands - no issues. Lastly, I've got an USS Apex stand I've had for 20+ years that I added a 3rd tier to with the extra long arms/bars - no issues except there's no place to store the 3rd set of arms/bars when not in use and there's not really a comfortable place to place pedals on the floor.

I have heard from many people that the Standtastik stands are extremely sturdy, but my only gripe there isn't too much space left on the floor for pedals - through there is more room than with Apex columns.

GuyaGuy
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor
Gear: YES PLEASE!

Post by GuyaGuy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:09 am

Am I right in assuming that playing keys and knob-twiddling on a 3rd tier isn't too comfortable, especially for a shorter fellow like myself?

phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by phesago » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:45 am

True, but I plan to have my xpander on the third tier. It's really easy to program and with the current 3 tier I have, theres no issues with programming it while sitting on a stool. Other than the few patch programming scenarios, the xpander doesnt need to be twiddle with as much as other instruments.

I think standtastic so far seems up my ally. Not sure if I want to try wall moutning some stuff. Could free up a lot fo space, which is a neat idea.

synthparts

Post by synthparts » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:05 am

I did the Standtastic wall-mount. I saved a lot of money by using standard industrial strut from Home Depot though.

Vintage Synth Parts - http://www.synthparts.com

GuyaGuy
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor
Gear: YES PLEASE!

Post by GuyaGuy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:21 am

phesago wrote:True, but I plan to have my xpander on the third tier. It's really easy to program and with the current 3 tier I have, theres no issues with programming it while sitting on a stool. Other than the few patch programming scenarios, the xpander doesnt need to be twiddle with as much as other instruments.

I think standtastic so far seems up my ally. Not sure if I want to try wall moutning some stuff. Could free up a lot fo space, which is a neat idea.
Oh I wasn't saying it is awkward or uncomfortable. I've never tried a 3-tier but have considered one for the same space-saving reasons as you. So Im just interested in the cons. A height-adjustable stool is a pretty good idea.

phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by phesago » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:34 am

synthparts wrote:I did the Standtastic wall-mount. I saved a lot of money by using standard industrial strut from Home Depot though.

Well, besides having badass input, you have a bad a*s wall! LOL For real nice, easy, simple way of doing it. Looks great. Def my thing I think...
GuyaGuy wrote:
phesago wrote:True, but I plan to have my xpander on the third tier. It's really easy to program and with the current 3 tier I have, theres no issues with programming it while sitting on a stool. Other than the few patch programming scenarios, the xpander doesnt need to be twiddle with as much as other instruments.

Oh I wasn't saying it is awkward or uncomfortable. I've never tried a 3-tier but have considered one for the same space-saving reasons as you. So Im just interested in the cons. A height-adjustable stool is a pretty good idea.
Con wise, its spacey if you dont put some thought into it first. Cheap plastic is bullshit, and weight capacity is a serious restriction depending on the brand. The onstage stuff I have is ok, but cant hold as much per tier as I was hoping. Whatevs happens.