Arturia "Hybrid Synth" promotion May/June 2012

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Arturia "Hybrid Synth" promotion May/June 2012

Post by meatballfulton » Wed May 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Buy a Spark or any of the Analog Experience packages and get up to 8 free softsynths.

ImageImage

Full details here.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

bhrama
Gear: Sub 37, TR8, Streichfett, Tempest, P6
Band: Grit Lapse, Mangkind

Re: Arturia "Hybrid Synth" promotion May/June 2012

Post by bhrama » Wed May 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Curious, how is the Spark? Does it stack up well against the originals? I've never heard much feedback from users/folks around here on it.

loungedumore
Gear: iMac | iPad 2| iPad Air
Beatstep Pro | Mpx8
Volca bass, Keys ,beats
Monotribe | MS20 | SQ1
Minibrute | Midi4+
Graphite 49 | EIE
Band: Death By Media

Post by loungedumore » Wed May 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Btw anyone have one of these midi contolers ?
Compare the action to other synths or midi keyboards ? I love the action of my mpk and ms 2000 for example .
Aftertouch .... Mono or poly ?
Encoders .... Solid or wobbly ?
Some wish to leave their mark ... I want to leave a scar .
http://soundcloud.com/death-by-media

krzeppa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Where the Embers Fall

Post by krzeppa » Wed May 02, 2012 4:56 pm

bhrama wrote:Curious, how is the Spark? Does it stack up well against the originals? I've never heard much feedback from users/folks around here on it.
I bought the Spark last summer at Sweetwater's GearFest. It is actually a really cool Drum Machine. The hardware piece is really well built and designed well. The drum kits on it sound really good in my opinion. For the price, you can't really beat it. If you are looking to compare it to something like Maschine though, you will be disappointed. The Spark does one thing (but does it really well)....it is a drum machine (nothing more/nothing less).
I think the emulations are pretty much right on too. The 808, 909, 707, Linn, Simmons, etc.....all sound really good to my ear. It's also really easy to work with. The thing is really intuitive and just plain fun. I made some Prince beats on the Linndrum setting in a matter of seconds. You can easily make the 808 boom. Basically, there is no learning curve.....just install the software/plug in the hardware and go to town.
I've found it helps me creatively because I can quickly and easily put beats down and spend more time sculpting sounds on my synths. It has really improved my workflow, and I think it is something that would fit into almost anyone's setup. If you can get your hands on one to demo you will see just how much fun it actually is to work with.

SSquirrel

Post by SSquirrel » Thu May 03, 2012 2:16 am

Damnit! I would like to get a Spark, especially since you get the entire V Collection for free with it during this promotion. Unfortunately, I already have the Minibrute pre-ordered and my wife would definitely make me choose between the MB and the Spark.

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Tue May 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Spark at Hello Music for $429 today 5/8. Qualifies for the free V collection deal.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

gridsleep
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Das Vorlagengehirn
Band: Big Steam Horse

Post by gridsleep » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:17 am

meatballfulton wrote:Buy a Spark or any of the Analog Experience packages and get up to 8 free softsynths.

ImageImage

Full details here.

Dooes anybody else here think that Spark picture with the blast on one side and the words sticking out the right looks kind of like a Dalek? I thought that's what it was when I skimmed the page. I had to look back and stare at it to see it for what it was.
Nymph, in thy orisons be all my synths remembered.

samuraipizzacat29
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:49 pm

gridsleep wrote:
meatballfulton wrote:Buy a Spark or any of the Analog Experience packages and get up to 8 free softsynths.

ImageImage

Full details here.

Dooes anybody else here think that Spark picture with the blast on one side and the words sticking out the right looks kind of like a Dalek? I thought that's what it was when I skimmed the page. I had to look back and stare at it to see it for what it was.
if this looks like a dalek you have been watching FAR too much doctor who (and that's coming from someone who decided to re-watch all the current ones two days ago and is already halfway through season 2) :)