Question about external controls for my Prodigy

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
Alphacode

Question about external controls for my Prodigy

Post by Alphacode » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:27 am

Hi All

I am looking for a pedal / simple Synth or something that would have a Lfo out and /or envelope out to control my Prodigy ...

I was looking at moog pedals but did not see one containing an envelope . Any help ?

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Question about external controls for my Prodigy

Post by meatballfulton » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:35 pm

All Moogerfooger pedals with LFOs have an LFO out, all the foogers with envelope followers have EG outs.

Moog Little Phatty II with the optional CV outs has two EG outputs.

The Doepfer Dark Energy has LFO and EG outputs.

MFB Microzwerg and Kraftzwerg have EG and LFO outputs.

Tom Oberheim SEM patch panel version
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

condit79
Gear: 5U modular/STG/.com, Mopho, Sixtrak, Sprocket, xoxbox, juno 6, ESQ1, SY35, Ipad
Band: lvoe

Post by condit79 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Alphacode wrote:Hi All

I am looking for a pedal / simple Synth or something that would have a Lfo out and /or envelope out to control my Prodigy ...

I was looking at moog pedals but did not see one containing an envelope . Any help ?
Get the Moog midi/multi pedal. You can configure it to control whatever you want. Plus it gets you a great midi/cv converter and an expression pedal.

They're not easy to find always but they pop up for around 4-500.

http://www.moogmusic.com/sight-and-soun ... sequencing
soundcloud.com/lvoe

calyx93
Gear: PPG Wave 2.2, Waldorf μWave x3, Roland JP6+V-Synth, SCI P5+600, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K-3

Post by calyx93 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:20 pm

I'm assuming you've checked the rear of your Prodigy and have the "Mk2" version with the full compliment of CV interfacing? Just thought I'd bring that up before you bought something that might not be able to interface with it at all :)
“I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud

Alphacode

Post by Alphacode » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:10 am

Ha ! 2-3 hours of fiddling inside the Prodigy and my Sh09 and now the Prodigy internal envelope is sweeping the Osc Sync ( like the Rogue ) and the SH09 has an Lfo out ( instead of the headphones socket ) that can control the Prodigy too. ! That MicroZwerg was interesting though but unavailable anymore :(