Desktop Monosynth

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
silikon
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Random bullshit with knobs and buttons.
Band: Year with no summer

Re: Desktop Monosynth

Post by silikon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:08 pm

Why not get a Little Phatty Rack, and have the capability to have two voices of your Little Phatty, and have the option of separating and gigging with the rack unit?

...or are you looking for something with completely different sound?

Your choice of the Mono Lancet is a good one; You could also go a different route and get a Shruthi with whatever filter you like (there are a few choices) and have a pretty mind blowing synth.

Altitude has a couple built for sale right now, and I'm sure he'd be happy to build up another.

Michigan Synth Works
echo 1 > /dev/awesome

phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

Post by phesago » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:56 am

silikon wrote:Why not get a Slim Phatty

my question too. But, the a4 does offer a lot more, but double the used cost. a slim can be had for 400-550, depending on how hard you shop for it. Those would be the best buys for utility and sound quality. I would consider a SEM or a XS if midi capacity and memory dont mean s**t to you.

anyway, seems like a slim phatty is prolly the best bet? here what i found on c list for you

http://denver.craigslist.org/msg/4395520406.html has rack ears in CO prolly gone at 450 tho(posted yesterday)
http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/msg/4344353495.html

Sir Nose
Gear: Machinedrum, Octatrack, Moog LP, x0xb0x, Elka Solist 505, Simmons SDS-400

Post by Sir Nose » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:33 pm

I gave the Minitaur a go; since, I found one on the local craigslist for cheap. After driving it for a couple of months I was going to keep it and unload my LP to help fund an elektron RYTM. The used Phatty market is very soft and I valued it more than the market. So, I ditched the Minitaur. The RYTM will keep me busy for a while.
Funkadelic wrote: nothing is good unless you play with it
all that is good is nasty

2manydrummachines

Post by 2manydrummachines » Fri May 09, 2014 12:44 am

ryryoftokyo wrote:DSI Mopho desktop?
No, don't like it. Want something built better, than what you find at Guitar Center. LOL :lol: