Effects Pedal?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
HHartt

Effects Pedal?

Post by HHartt » Sat May 03, 2014 6:45 pm

I play a Novation Ultranova I love the synth! On the other hand, I would like to get suggestions on a pedal that would warm up the sound and tone. Any info would be appreciated.

recordbot

Re: Effects Pedal?

Post by recordbot » Sun May 04, 2014 1:59 am

if you have the budget get an Ampex 601 for 100-300 usd, it's not a pedal more of a mic pre but if warming up your tone is what you want get one, but the thing weighs a ton

pedals you can get what you need as well kind of depends on the sound you want and what your budget is

Sir Nose
Gear: Machinedrum, Octatrack, Moog LP, x0xb0x, Elka Solist 505, Simmons SDS-400

Re: Effects Pedal?

Post by Sir Nose » Sun May 04, 2014 2:22 pm

FMR's RNLA, really nice leveling amplifier, adds some nice warmth and crunch on a budget.

Most of the Moog Foogers overdrive really well. Drive the in hard, with all the effects settings at min/off, output is creamed. Plus you get the bonus of another effect when not being used for just warmth. The delay, in particular, is known for this, but I used a Murf this way a lot. I can be done with the 101 filter, phaser, and ring mod too. Not sure about the freq box or the new minifoogers. All overdrive similarly, but with individual nuances.
Funkadelic wrote: nothing is good unless you play with it
all that is good is nasty