Most intuitive/educational current analogue monosynth?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
SSquirrel

Re: Most intuitive/educational current analogue monosynth?

Post by SSquirrel » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:13 pm

Checking out the SOS articles and probly will watch the linked tutorials too. Got a blue Microbrute SE myself recently and enjoying it, but doesn't hurt to have something a bit more structured to help me learn. I've made some really fun sounds so far tho, definitely enjoying it.

The Mini and Microbrute are both great. The Mini has more CV jacks, but some of those are just making up for things the Mini has sliders for. Mini has an arpeggiator, micro and minibrute SE have a sequencer. The MS-20 Mini and Arp Odyssey are on my shopping list too, good call.

tdack
Gear: Elektron Machinedrum UW-MKII and anything analog or modular.
Band: drOHM. T.Dack.

Post by tdack » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:45 pm

I started learning analog patching on a DOTCOM modular... it makes things a lot more difficult than I imagined... a simple analog synth can teach you quite a bit though. My room mate brought home a Microbrute and boy do I have more fun with that than any digital synth I have ever played.

ryryoftokyo
Gear: Metal, plastic, wood, and electricity.
Band: Tarot Sync

Post by ryryoftokyo » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:03 pm

Korg MS20 Mini, Deopfer Dark Energy II, Arturia Minibrute/Microbrute, Moog Sub Phatty, Moog Minitaur, Korg Arp Odyssey Re-Issue, or you can start building a modular! Modular is where it's at for intuitive design and teaching you all you need to know.
MU Modular (Moog, Dotcom, STG, Analog Systems, and Moon modules), MS20 (x2), Microbrute, Electribes (EA-1, EMX), microKorg, AN1x, Nord Lead 2x, Blofeld, Alpha Juno 2, DX7, JX8P, Poly 61 (x2), Split 8, TR-505, Monotron Delay, Ace Tone FR-3, Paia Fatman

incircles

Post by incircles » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:31 pm

i'm an analogue novice, but my moog phatty was love at first sight, and i'm learning how to use it fairly quickly.