places to sell vintage synths (UK)

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

places to sell vintage synths (UK)

Post by zoomtheline » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:46 pm

Sorry if there is a better place to ask this, Mods move if so.

I am seriously considering selling My JP4 and maybe one or two other things. But I don't know how best to go about it. Ebay is obviously the main way but it's dicey and I have never used gumtree or any of those types of sites. Is there anywhere that would be a good place to get the right kind of buyer that I am not aware of. I really don't want to post this thing, I do not trust it will be safe.

Cheers

plikestechno
Gear: Lots. See sig.

Re: places to sell vintage synths (UK)

Post by plikestechno » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Are you looking for other stuff? Or just need the cash?

Trades work great, especially if youre local and open to a wide variety of gear.

Other than that you can sell locally but be prepared to sell for a good cheap price. People wont give you Ebay prices for a local sale.

Some people consign their stuff at music stores but the only two times I did it were a hassle and one time they tried to give me back a beat up unit that wasn't mine. Also consignment places take a pretty big chunk.
Serge/Modcan A/MOTM/Frac/Phenol/Andromeda/Jupiter6Europa/OctaveCatSRM/ARPSolina/ARPPro Soloist/Pro2/Korg770/Juno60/Lambda/Anamono/Little Deformer/Integra7/Microwave1&2/Syncussion/FS1R/Microkorg/Xoxio/VL1M/JD990/MKS50/TX816/DSS1/KARP/TG33/OCoast/SC40

tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by tomorrowstops » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:46 am

I'd at least list it here (its free!) and I wouldn't be too afraid of shipping. At least within your continent. I've shipped all kinds of vintage synths (as have many others on here) without incident. This site IS your target audience!

Dr. Phibes

Post by Dr. Phibes » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:18 am

Sound on Sound readers' adds. You need an account but it's free.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:34 pm

You can try to list it here. I've bought modular modules from users here a couple of times through the sales section.

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:07 am

Cool, I forgot I made this thread. And yes, I am more and more likely to sell a few things including the JP4 I mentioned. I need the room, getting pretty cluttered and as much as I love the JP, it's not quite inspired any music as of yet whereas other pieces just spew ideas.
I will definitely put something in here as I have bought a couple of things through it too.
Will look into others.